Dixie's Wall of Fame - new gateway to Goodison Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall looks so good... From seeing the initial sketches that my grandfather did to it actually being built is amazing! I hope Everton do decided to add more of these around the ground. I know they have the plaques on the Park End side of the pitch for people that scattered their relative's ashes on Goodison, but this seems a more appropriate thing to remember lost loved ones by.

Amazing day - I got 3 bricks (for each member of the family), worth every penny - these are for life.

They could probably fund the stadium doing something like this all round. No joke.

That would be Everton.

More granites have been made available from next Monday , for those interested.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/06/16/goodison-granites-scheme-extended

Evertonians will be given another chance to permanently leave their mark on Goodison Park as plans are revealed to extend the Goodison Granites scheme.

Last month, Roberto Martinez officially unveiled the new gateway to the stadium in front of hundreds of supporters, with the Club’s famous Dixie Dean statue taking centre stage, surrounded by a commemorative wall of personalised engraved stones.

The original allocation of Goodison Granites was incredibly popular, selling out within days of going on sale, so the Club and its Fans’ Forum have decided to extend the scheme to give more fans the opportunity to be a part of it.

The original development was co-ordinated by the Everton Fans’ Forum alongside the Club, and Chairman Tony Bott is delighted it has been so well received.

He said: “We always expected the Goodison Granites to be popular with Evertonians, so we’re really pleased to be able to extend the scheme and allow more Blues the chance to have a permanent legacy at Goodison Park. It just shows how important it is to fans to be part of the fabric of the Club and the stadium.”

The new plaques will be housed alongside the iconic Goodison Road sign near the entrance to the popular matchday Fan Zone. Supporters can purchase three varying sizes of Goodison Granites that will be engraved with personalised messages.

The personalised stones can be purchased exclusively online at evertonfc.com/goodisongranites from Monday 23 June.

Good news for the fans who never got a chance first time round.

It sounds like this is the site where they'll be placed, on the bare walls leading up to the Park End car entrance:

2mgnp84.jpg

The answer's probably somewhere earlier in the thread but does anyone know how much you can write? Or is it just names and a logo?

Would like to buy one or two but need to know how much I can fit in.

Edit: nevermind it's in the first post of the thread! Assuming they use the same format of course.

The answer's probably somewhere earlier in the thread but does anyone know how much you can write? Or is it just names and a logo?

Edit: nevermind it's in the first post of the thread! Assuming they use the same format of course.

Hi mate, these are the details from the first time round:

262mzj6.jpg

Unless they've changed it ( which I doubt) it is the small is £50 and two lines of fifteen characters, medium is £99 and three lines of fifteen characters and a choice of 11 crests, the large one is £399 three lines of twenty three characters and any crest you want

Just suggested this to the wife for the sons' names with a snowball in hell's chance and got an "If you wanna" reply.

Excited for this now. What time will it open? I'm gonna have to be up at 3am aren't I?

Thinking of getting one of these with the little lads name on

Struggling to think of something good to put on it

Any serious suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.