Distin absent from training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daft comments ! You've not seen anywhere near enough of him to make such judgements.

Yeah not like he's an experienced international who has played in the Prem for years. And he has a shocking injury record. Yet you think it's a daft comment to suggest we can't rely on him??

Easy, i tell him under no circumstances should he ever do this again, firstly..he shouldn't be touching a woman unless she asks him to, secondly, she has a bf, moi. Finally, i gather up a stones, jags, browning, alcarez crew of lookalikes and get them to all stand infront of him.

Then i scoff loudly and say in a french accent "oh no Monsieur Distin, it looks like you're behind all the other centre backs again"

I do a french laugh and walk out with not only my girl on my arm, but the respect of the bar staff for not glassing him.

Bonjour

Youre not a jealous type by any chance mate? :)

Solid defensively, Hes so lazy in possesion though, rather see alcaraz for the minute just bring in distin when we face someone whos got pace to brun

Last edited:
Good to see him back, hopefully he can find his form again and we can put this whole episode behind us. Thought he looked solid last night but Jagielka was definitely the MOTM.

Think we'll be seeing Alcaraz again against Burnley though.

Old Sylvain's too tired for training these days, up at three and suffering from terrible sciatica and farmer Giles after lugging milk crates on and off the Harrison's milk float.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sylvain-distin-can-still-earn-8025906
Sylvain Distin is not consigned to the role of permanent under-study for the rest of his Everton FC contract, insists Roberto Martinez. The defender has fallen out of favour in recent months, with his last Premier League start coming in September’s 3-2 home defeat by Crystal Palace. Distin, 36, was dropped altogether following his display in the Capital One Cup defeat in Swansea which came 48 hours after the Palace set-back. But amid rumours the experienced centre back – who is out of contract in the summer – was unhappy with being left on the bench, he returned after the last international break determined to claw his way back into the team.

Antolin Alcaraz has been preferred by the Blues boss in recent weeks, but Martinez is adamant there is no established pecking order in his mind yet. And he said he will begin to evaluate the long-term future of Distin, and team-mate Leon Osman whose present deal also expires in June, in the New Year. He said: “In terms of individual contracts and careers it’s after January when you go into detail and have in mind setting the squad for the next season.
“As a club and with our chairman we worked hard in the summer to have a squad of this size and quality and nothing will distract us now. “In January we will make decisions. “Now it’s too early. We’re concentrating on getting points and developing a competitive edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.