Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I'm fine, I've been away in Newcastle for the weekend. The dogs death has just knocked me for six, you never know how much you could love an animal. The original post I just needed a way to get what I was feeling out.

I'm fine, I've been away in Newcastle for the weekend. The dogs death has just knocked me for six, you never know how much you could love an animal. The original post I just needed a way to get what I was feeling out.
No worries GB. As I mentioned, it's your post & your prerogative. I was just concerned about it being edited.

I guess a Dog's devotion can really get under your skin in exactly the opposite way a Cat's disdain can irritate the bejesus out of you. I had a Boxer Dog for almost 12 years when it passed away. For various reasons, I've never owned another dog since, but I recall how I felt when she was mercifully put down after having a stroke.

Look after yourself mate.

Animals our part of us and our lives we love them like we love anybody else it's the same emotion. I have my dogs portrait tattooed on me mate the day he goes I can't even think about it he comes before my mrs as he was there first. Hope you feel better soon mate. Like I say losing an animal is the same as losing a person in my eyes.

Animals our part of us and our lives we love them like we love anybody else it's the same emotion. I have my dogs portrait tattooed on me mate the day he goes I can't even think about it he comes before my mrs as he was there first. Hope you feel better soon mate. Like I say losing an animal is the same as losing a person in my eyes.
She was the heartbeat of the house. I've suffered with depression for years now, I had my routine though of walking her for miles every night and it just takes you away from any problems for that time.

She was the heartbeat of the house. I've suffered with depression for years now, I had my routine though of walking her for miles every night and it just takes you away from any problems for that time.

I completely empathise mate. You walking her of a night would give your head that bit of space for that period and also build up a bond with you and her. The timing of things for you with your personal events probably feels awful for you if your already feeling low. Try take it day by day mate don't try stress or over think things. I hope your feeling better soon. If you ever need to talk as like others on here drop a pm your never alone.

Hope you're feeling okay mate. Animals are the best. My cat went missing twice in recent months and the stress was unbearable, I don't know what I'd do without her. It really is like losing a family member, and don't let anyone tell you different. As advised above, take things slowly and I hope you start feeling better soon.

Feeling really down, still, and it doesn't help that I've applied for jobs and got rejected from every one... ffs being foreign!

Anyway, just read this piece - http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-about-his-depression-had-complete-breakdown/ . Not overly surprised about this, to be honest, as it's always the seemingly happiest ones that really aren't at all, but Wayne is an absolute legend and this just makes me like him more...

To GB - mate, I lost a dog, our oldest dad-side-of-the-family dog, been (was :( ) around for near to 15 years. She had to be put down a month ago after developing a tumour and I was really distraught, we all were, the whole family. It is like losing a loved one, as it's a creature that is extremely happy to be around you and see you. I'm sad that I wasn't near her when she had to go, as I loved her to bits. It's always tough, sorry to hear it! Hope you get better soon mate!

I'm feeling down too, can't put my finger on what it is but I feel bored and restless all the bloody time. Maybe it's uncertainty and nervousness about my future or because I feel like I'm not doing anything constructive with my time.

As I've said before, I've recently stopped taking my Citalopram and maybe I'm still feeling the effects of coming off because I was on them for a fair while. If things stay the way they are I'm just going to have to move back onto them.