Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Hi Mate, just wanted to check how you were getting on? " weeks in for me and apart from a nasty bug in the last week the tabs have had just the effects spoke about before and have to admit feeling a little more "balanced" at the moment.

Hope all is going well for you?

Toffee Forever

Hello Mate,
I had my first decent kip in months last night (9Hours), Can't believe I slept like that, so hopefully that's a good sign,
Had no obvious side effects apart from lack of appetite, which I was nervous about and must admit I don't feel as despondent as I did,
I've got to go back to my GP on Friday to see how I'm getting on with the tablets and although it's early days, I've hopefully bottomed out and can start to look forward.

Hello Mate,
I had my first decent kip in months last night (9Hours), Can't believe I slept like that, so hopefully that's a good sign,
Had no obvious side effects apart from lack of appetite, which I was nervous about and must admit I don't feel as despondent as I did,
I've got to go back to my GP on Friday to see how I'm getting on with the tablets and although it's early days, I've hopefully bottomed out and can start to look forward.

This sounds very promising. Hope to hear of continuing improvements in coming months :)

icalnpost: 3099037 said:
Hello Mate,
Thats great news mate you sound very positive which can only be a good thing glad to hear they are helping! Keep me posted if you need a chat or out, onward Evertonians !

Hello Mate,

Disturbed sleep and insomnia is classic symptom of depression. I could sleep all day but not sleep at night. Couldn't sleep in a bed either. But could sleep on the couch.

Basically it disturbs your minds natural rhythm as a symptom and cause.

Anxiety causing it.

So its a good sign undisturbed sleep.

Disturbed sleep and insomnia is classic symptom of depression. I could sleep all day but not sleep at night. Couldn't sleep in a bed either. But could sleep on the couch.

Basically it disturbs your minds natural rhythm as a symptom and cause.

Anxiety causing it.

So its a good sign undisturbed sleep.
Are you ok at the moment?

Been AWOL from here for a bit. My best mate has been through hell & back just recently and its starting to hit home.

He was going through a Divorce, which just finalised, had to sell his home because of it, he's been through a rather public corruption inquiry which has cost him his job & any future prospects in this town, and now he has to face moving out & restarting his life.

Whilst the Divorce was out of the blue, he's put his hand up to the corruption and that's where some people close to me think it's a little tricky. Because he's my mate, I kept in touch when we were told to avoid contact (we worked for the same Company), and as far as I was concerned, I can't control his actions but I can remain his friend. He knew what he was doing & he was careful to keep me at arms length from what was going on so, hand on heart I knew nothing & had no involvement whatsoever.

But now that it's over & the dust has settled, he's hit rock bottom. A very proud & independent person, I can't fix things for him, that's not his style, but I can be there for him & keep a level of positivity whenever he's in touch. I'm trying to ensure that he has a positive experience (without overstating it) whenever he gets in touch with me, and he can feel comfortable discussing matters.

I'm not one for classic sayings, but I've been emphasisng the old "Night is darkest just before the Dawn" and I truly believe that he had to get to the darkest part of his night before the Dawn would come.

I'll keep you all posted...

feeling lately like life is literally just the same, theres nothing new and when there is, the excitement quickly wears it self out.

Football has often helped me when i have had one of my bouts of depression, but even that is having its fun and enjoyment sucked out of it.

Also feel that no matter how hard i try that i'm just going to fail in the end anyway so i'm honestly not seeing the point in anything, anymore.

I've got to the point where i can tell myself i would be very content if my life was to just stop tomorrow, and i'm very calm about it. Which i don't know if is a worry or not anymore.

Just felt like having a little vent.

thanks.

feeling lately like life is literally just the same, theres nothing new and when there is, the excitement quickly wears it self out.

Football has often helped me when i have had one of my bouts of depression, but even that is having its fun and enjoyment sucked out of it.

Also feel that no matter how hard i try that i'm just going to fail in the end anyway so i'm honestly not seeing the point in anything, anymore.

I've got to the point where i can tell myself i would be very content if my life was to just stop tomorrow, and i'm very calm about it. Which i don't know if is a worry or not anymore.

thanks.

You did well to say that bud. Hope the match today helped cheer you up a bit! You have to keep plugging away. You say you have bouts of depression- has it been diagnosed- do you see your doctor/ therapist/ take meds? If not, you definitely should. It gets us all in different ways, and there is always a way out. I'm going through a rougher patch than normal myself at the moment. I was on a stag do with my mates last weekend in Newcastle, I was pretty much at the end of my wits and was looking up at the Tyne Bridge. My mate came out to talk me around, and as we were chatting, a guy jumped from the bridge into the river. Seems he was gone straight away. My point? I don't know really- it's kind of messed me up a bit again, and at that time it seems like you do want it to stop. But that affected me so much, and believe me, it made me sick to think that just minutes before I wanted to do the same. I can guarantee you have a hell of a lot to offer, even if it's just by venting your feelings on here, it lets people know they're not alone.

Anyway, keep talking mate, and if you haven't already, try to get down to see the doctor. It's a scary step, but it will be the first one out of that dark well! :)

thanks.
Hey Mate,

I can relate to most of what you are saying, always find it difficult to find the positive even when it is all positive! Have you spoken to anyone about how you feel or a medical professional? If you are at the point where feeling so numb that you are having the thoughts you have then it is a moment to take some action my Friend, you are not alone in how you feel but there is great assistance and help available and perhaps it may be time to seek this out or at least share it on a more personal level to someone you are close to that you can depend on?

Please feel free to message me if you want to "vent" some more, if you look at my posts I have only recently sought help and with a long line of family history where no-one talked about it, I took a positive step and thought I am not going go down the same route, Cant say it has all been easy and had a few wobbles over the last few days but my GP has been amazing and I have an amazingly supportive Wife who puts no pressure on me. There are lots of people including me who you can talk to if you need to, don't suffer in silence!

thanks.

Mate, if you ever want to talk privately you can always message me - you're not alone when you're a Blue.

Life can be tough for everyone at times, but it's valuable and you never know when the good times are around the corner. Keep talking to us either on this thread or privately - I'm sure we can help!

You did well to say that bud. Hope the match today helped cheer you up a bit! You have to keep plugging away. You say you have bouts of depression- has it been diagnosed- do you see your doctor/ therapist/ take meds? If not, you definitely should. It gets us all in different ways, and there is always a way out. I'm going through a rougher patch than normal myself at the moment. I was on a stag do with my mates last weekend in Newcastle, I was pretty much at the end of my wits and was looking up at the Tyne Bridge. My mate came out to talk me around, and as we were chatting, a guy jumped from the bridge into the river. Seems he was gone straight away. My point? I don't know really- it's kind of messed me up a bit again, and at that time it seems like you do want it to stop. But that affected me so much, and believe me, it made me sick to think that just minutes before I wanted to do the same. I can guarantee you have a hell of a lot to offer, even if it's just by venting your feelings on here, it lets people know they're not alone.

Anyway, keep talking mate, and if you haven't already, try to get down to see the doctor. It's a scary step, but it will be the first one out of that dark well! :)

Great post mate, albeit describing a horrible event.

If we can help individually or collectively, in public or private, we will do so!

Great post mate, albeit describing a horrible event.

If we can help individually or collectively, in public or private, we will do so!

Thanks mate :) I've been dealing with it for a couple of years now. I've had some okay times in that period, but the dark times get darker. Luckily I've got some amazing friends and family to help me through it, but I know there are so many that aren't so lucky. This is an absolutely brilliant thread, and as you say I hope people suffering take some solace through having so many others willing to be there and help fellow blues!

Thanks mate :) I've been dealing with it for a couple of years now. I've had some okay times in that period, but the dark times get darker. Luckily I've got some amazing friends and family to help me through it, but I know there are so many that aren't so lucky. This is an absolutely brilliant thread, and as you say I hope people suffering take some solace through having so many others willing to be there and help fellow blues!

Well said mate, glad you have great family and friends, but for those that don't or don't want to talk to their family and friends we're a good option :)

Good luck and if we can help you know we will do so willingly!

Hey guys, feeling a bit (lot) under the weather lately, and I'm gonna go off to A&E soon to get my back checked, cuz I can barely even sleep at this point. Using this as an excuse, sort of, to also get checked by an actual doctor for depression issues...

My question is: can I actually go to A&E and go "my issue is my back, and also depression", or tell it to the nurse/doctor when I go in or what? Basically am I allowed to go to A&E for this?