Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Walking and sports do, but I found that after a while my depression, so to say, got used to the idea of "I'm feeling bad, I'll just go for a walk", and when you can't physically do that - it hits you really hard.

Of course, that is/could just be me or a small amount of people, but just saying to not only rely on that...
It's not a long term fix mate, but can be useful.

Well, I'm having a hell of a time personally. Getting hammered at work for "underperformance", from a strumpet of a Manager, but I've also got plenty of evidence of bullying against me. I've got the Union on side but it's affecting me mentally & now physically. To add to my state, my best mate is in the news on corruption charges, so my usual crutch is under the pump himself. (And I don't care what he's done, he's my mate & I stand by him!)

I've spent the entire day in bed with the worst migraine I've ever had, the physically nauseating type, and now I feel the beginnings of a sore throat.

I've held off acting at work but I think it's time to roll the dice. I try to avoid confrontation but I think I've put up with this for too long. Enough is enough!

Oh, and I miss me Ma! :(

having a down day today so doing the wrong thing and getting plastered. I know it doesn't help but makes me forget all the problems and do things I used to do, listening to music chatting on here chillin. just venting as usual that's why I like this thread.

Walking and sports do, but I found that after a while my depression, so to say, got used to the idea of "I'm feeling bad, I'll just go for a walk", and when you can't physically do that - it hits you really hard.

Of course, that is/could just be me or a small amount of people, but just saying to not only rely on that...

It's unfortunately the nature of the disease and contributes to the lack of understanding from non-suffers. Depression can prevent you from doing the very things you need to do to feel/get better - seek help, be physically active, do things you enjoy, etc - and knowing you just can't sometimes, makes things even worse. Vicious circle.

You're not alone or even in a minority in feeling this way

having a down day today so doing the wrong thing and getting plastered. I know it doesn't help but makes me forget all the problems and do things I used to do, listening to music chatting on here chillin. just venting as usual that's why I like this thread.

Hope today is a better day mate...

I went for a chat today at Inclusion Matters (this has turned into a weekly thing)
I was told that I need to get out and get a hobby, not brood about not being able to go into work because of my health.
I've always liked history, so I went to the Central Library and asked if there were any local history groups about, they pointed me in the right direction and told me that they have a WW1 exhibition on at the moment, so I went to have a quick look. A young guy walks up to me while I was browsing the displays and he asked me if it was bringing back any memories for me?
WTF, I'm 57
It did cheer me up a bit though.lol

Hi everybody. I'm new here.
May I start in this way... my fiancee has epilepsy and severe disorders resulting therefrom... but today was a good day, nothing happened. She had already fallen asleep so I can now sleep peacefully.

Hi everybody. I'm new here.
May I start in this way... my fiancee has epilepsy and severe disorders resulting therefrom... but today was a good day, nothing happened. She had already fallen asleep so I can now sleep peacefully.
I get the feeling you want to say more mate. From my experience of being a part of this forum, there is lots of good lads here who are not only good listeners but can give sound advice and support. Also, sometimes its good to get a few things off your chest.

Sorry to hear about your wife's condition.

Any hobbies lad ?

Anything you've always fancied doing or quite liked the idea but for whatever the reason, couldn't get to try/do it ?