Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Maybe not the same thing, but Cluster Headaches, also known as suicide headaches with good reason, are getting me stupidly low today.. The s word is a thought that crosses my mind repeatedly when i get them.
Choice... Easy way out, or try to ride it out and take the excruciating pain, thankfully I have family that I can't leave behind or I'd probably not be here to be honest. These things are brutal.

Thought I would share..

Last edited:
That sounds horrendous. Hope you get better soon!
Thanks mate, appreciated, annoyingly it will goon for a couple of months before getting better. Bit like chewing too much ice cream and getting brain freeze but lasting a couple of months, then with added multiple hour long pain spikes in between throughout the day.. Hence the over dramatic nickname.
Its been a while though and I thought I had it cracked, wasn't ready for it this time round. Fking things.

Anyway enough of this, I need to man up and crack on ffs, more important things than moaning to do round here. Its the transfer window after all.

Last edited:

Can't remember if this has been posted, but this sums up depression for me.

Must be honest with you guys, today is the worst I've felt for months. Got discharged by psychiatrist and counsellor last month and had been feeling on top of the world. From last week I've had family issues, been turned down for two jobs, and friends have unintentionally said some pretty hurtful stuff (banter...) They're all 'real-life' problems which individually I can fix, but all together it seems a bit much right now. I know what to do, but can't bring myself around to doing it. Pretty damn low. Plus an interview tomorrow and a wedding on the weekend- lots of 'acting-up' to do but not sure I can make it!

Can't remember if this has been posted, but this sums up depression for me.

Must be honest with you guys, today is the worst I've felt for months. Got discharged by psychiatrist and counsellor last month and had been feeling on top of the world. From last week I've had family issues, been turned down for two jobs, and friends have unintentionally said some pretty hurtful stuff (banter...) They're all 'real-life' problems which individually I can fix, but all together it seems a bit much right now. I know what to do, but can't bring myself around to doing it. Pretty damn low. Plus an interview tomorrow and a wedding on the weekend- lots of 'acting-up' to do but not sure I can make it!

Hi mate, not sure I can add anything truly helpful other than to say that writing it all down and sharing with us is a big positive. It's only a small thing but it shows self awareness and a desire to overcome your difficulties. That's very powerful!

Good luck over the next few days, you know your "Everton" family are with you. Carry on posting if that helps too.

Thinking of you mate!

Hi mate, not sure I can add anything truly helpful other than to say that writing it all down and sharing with us is a big positive. It's only a small thing but it shows self awareness and a desire to overcome your difficulties. That's very powerful!

Good luck over the next few days, you know your "Everton" family are with you. Carry on posting if that helps too.

Thinking of you mate!

Thanks for those words mate, they mean a hell of a lot (also thanks @chicoazul and @Bryan) I guess I felt I needed to post my feelings then as it just allows me to get them out of my head if you know what I mean? Always seems a bit more rational/ irrational once you write something down!

I'll certainly be hanging around here and posting a bit for sure. The transfer thread is generally keeping me amused and distracted enough most of the time anyway! I'll get through it I know. As much as I want to move away from where I am and start afresh, I know I can't run from my thoughts! Thanks for the help and support guys :)

Thanks for those words mate, they mean a hell of a lot (also thanks @chicoazul and @Bryan) I guess I felt I needed to post my feelings then as it just allows me to get them out of my head if you know what I mean? Always seems a bit more rational/ irrational once you write something down!

I'll certainly be hanging around here and posting a bit for sure. The transfer thread is generally keeping me amused and distracted enough most of the time anyway! I'll get through it I know. As much as I want to move away from where I am and start afresh, I know I can't run from my thoughts! Thanks for the help and support guys :)
;)

Most of us are sad
No-one let's it show
I've been shadows of myself
How was I to know?

I feel this sums up just how stealthily depression can sneak up on you, and catch you unawares. Like a emotional ninja.

And there's more people feeling like that than you'd realise.

Help is always available.

Last edited:
He is 65 next month.
He is booked in at the GP on Friday and determined to get over everything. Family have been having emotional discussions over last few days; hoping its a light bulb moment.

I second the exercise/walking..... releases endorphins.

There are a number of good studies on regular activity (including simple walking) improving depression as well as any antidepressant medication. Effect lasts longer than medications too.

I second the exercise/walking..... releases endorphins.

There are a number of good studies on regular activity (including simple walking) improving depression as well as any antidepressant medication. Effect lasts longer than medications too.
Exercise is a great way of combating negative feelings.

Give truth to the old saying that walking clears the mind.

Exercise is a great way of combating negative feelings.

Give truth to the old saying that walking clears the mind.
Walking and sports do, but I found that after a while my depression, so to say, got used to the idea of "I'm feeling bad, I'll just go for a walk", and when you can't physically do that - it hits you really hard.

Of course, that is/could just be me or a small amount of people, but just saying to not only rely on that...