Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

i'm not worried. it's my wife who is worried after she was told what happened to a work colleague. i'm resigned to the fact that I have a high chance of the cancer returning. might be soon might be years might die of old age before it does. only thing I'm worried about is the travel insurance to go on holiday.

wbn61 -I haven't been on here since I was admonished for a 'flippant' remark, however I am pleased that you are 'on the mend' and contemplating a holiday. Insurance costs are a swine when they start loading the premiums BUT unless you have somewhere specific you really want to visit why go abroad anyway - West Wales is a gem, as you may know, it is Wales' best kept secret and if you have the weather you will be hard pressed to find anywhere better.
Granted it does not have the fleshpots or the rabble - although one or two RS have been spotted strutting around..oh yes and I do believe there will be no white flags with red crosses hanging out of car windows now - so all in all you will be quids in and return all the better and ready for the fray.

Good luck mate a Iechyd Da.

wbn61 -I haven't been on here since I was admonished for a 'flippant' remark, however I am pleased that you are 'on the mend' and contemplating a holiday. Insurance costs are a swine when they start loading the premiums BUT unless you have somewhere specific you really want to visit why go abroad anyway - West Wales is a gem, as you may know, it is Wales' best kept secret and if you have the weather you will be hard pressed to find anywhere better.
Granted it does not have the fleshpots or the rabble - although one or two RS have been spotted strutting around..oh yes and I do believe there will be no white flags with red crosses hanging out of car windows now - so all in all you will be quids in and return all the better and ready for the fray.

Good luck mate a Iechyd Da.

thanks for all that but need to get out of wales for a bit. been lucky here not seen the usual jingoism by them this time around. think they must have closed the borders for a while. anyhow the insurance has been sorted so the fleshpot of Benidorm awaits. diolch y fawr, da boch.

My girlfriend has depression and she is taking sleep pills for a long time and still could only sleep for a few hours per day. I have given my support throughout but in vain. She has seen a psychologist for a couple of times but aside from the conversation, he gives her pills for calming her nerve etc so this doesn't really help. I am in trouble...

My girlfriend has depression and she is taking sleep pills for a long time and still could only sleep for a few hours per day. I have given my support throughout but in vain. She has seen a psychologist for a couple of times but aside from the conversation, he gives her pills for calming her nerve etc so this doesn't really help. I am in trouble...
Well, it's good that she's seeking professional help but why don't you have a word with her psychologist & see if there's anything else you could do, or do differently. Bottom line, you're there for her & whilst you may feel that's not much, you'd probably be surprised at how much that actually means to her.

Keep your chin up & good luck mate.

Well, it's good that she's seeking professional help but why don't you have a word with her psychologist & see if there's anything else you could do, or do differently. Bottom line, you're there for her & whilst you may feel that's not much, you'd probably be surprised at how much that actually means to her.

Keep your chin up & good luck mate.

Thanks for the kind advice mate. I hope I can get this through with her. I am very worry about her health. She seems to have a lot of sleepless nights recently.

@Bungle. Thanks mate.

Last edited:

image.jpg

Haven't posted here in a while. Well in to all the guys that are getting better/addressing it!

I just sent an email to one of my best childhood friends, explaining to her how I feel and everything, pretty long email (and an email and not a call as it's "our thing", lol ). I feel very relieved with that, as she is/used to be one of my closest friends and she would now be the 3rd person in the world that knows about my problems, after my gf and my best mate (to whom I also haven't properly talked to, but will in a week's time anyway...). I know it's not a lot or a big thing in general, but it is a big step for me...

Glad so many people are getting better/helped in here. Well in lads and lasses!

after my partner had 7 miscarriages, she finally conceived, giving birth to my son. premature and weighing 2lb's. he died in my arm's. 15 month's later she gave birth to a beautiful girl.and then 16 month's later gave birth to another girl weighing 2lb's 2 0z. the youngest was in the incubater for 13 week's. i slept on the couch for 4 month's with her led on my chest, every night.and now she is a thriving 13 year old mad evertonian and want's to start watching everton again. my other daughter who had no problem's is a daft red. in my life there was a silver lining, and i have 2 beautiful children. i hope every body else has a silver lining somewhere.

after my partner had 7 miscarriages, she finally conceived, giving birth to my son. premature and weighing 2lb's. he died in my arm's. 15 month's later she gave birth to a beautiful girl.and then 16 month's later gave birth to another girl weighing 2lb's 2 0z. the youngest was in the incubater for 13 week's. i slept on the couch for 4 month's with her led on my chest, every night.and now she is a thriving 13 year old mad evertonian and want's to start watching everton again. my other daughter who had no problem's is a daft red. in my life there was a silver lining, and i have 2 beautiful children. i hope every body else has a silver lining somewhere.
Proof that there's always hope.

we all love a trier, and may it continue, everybody somewhere has there problem's. and i wish everybody on here all there best. you just never know,something miraculous can happen.

Well, about to go and see the doc.

Have no energy, always tired and would quite happily spend the entire weekend in the house, in bed and away from everyone.

Run the bairns football team and have games on Saturday and Sunday, yet would still rather be home and away from it all.

That can't be right.

The mrs is worried about me and a few people have said I'm not myself so guess I better get seen.

Well, about to go and see the doc.

Have no energy, always tired and would quite happily spend the entire weekend in the house, in bed and away from everyone.

Run the bairns football team and have games on Saturday and Sunday, yet would still rather be home and away from it all.

That can't be right.

The mrs is worried about me and a few people have said I'm not myself so guess I better get seen.

It's great you're going to get some help mate, let us know how it goes! Early intervention really is the best. You'll get through this and you'll be twice the man you are now for it! Stay in there, and take each day as it comes- accept you'll have lows, but equally eventually you'll have the best of highs!

Hi all, I'm not sure whether I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I've now set up a small support network aimed at young-ish adults 18-40 with mental ill-health. We're south Wales based at the moment if anyone is interested in getting involved, but also do a lot of blogs, just to raise awareness of all mental health conditions. It'd be great if anyone, who like me finds talking about things kind of therapeutic, wants to write a blog. PM me if you're interested :)

I've just finished my latest article about mental health and politics. I've linked it here- let me know what you guys think! Take care all! :)

http://www.youngneuronics.com/#!rh--mental-health-and-politics/c5gx