Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My life is so complicated now due to the breakdown of my marriage. There is no way we could have stayed together, which we tried for a while for our daughter, as I felt we owed it to her and she being only 5 needed both parents in my view. We lived in the same house but separate lives, but it really doesn't work for me.

I have had my daughter most nights for a while now, as her mum works in a restaurant in the evenings, so my really dark moments have been when she has gone to stay with her mum as I have got so used to having her and it seems a big house on my own!

I also gave up my office as I didn't need the extra expense and now work from home which is difficult too. I work for myself and have a company that I pretty much run on my own.

My main thing I think is the pressure. My wife is still pretty dependent on me and the pressure gets to me some times. It's almost like having 2 children.

Some days I have sat there and cried, as it all seems a bit much, but I know in the long term it will all be normal and our daughter will never be short of love from either of us. At least we are not at each others throats like some marriages end and it is fairly amicable.

My life is so complicated now due to the breakdown of my marriage. There is no way we could have stayed together, which we tried for a while for our daughter, as I felt we owed it to her and she being only 5 needed both parents in my view. We lived in the same house but separate lives, but it really doesn't work for me.

I have had my daughter most nights for a while now, as her mum works in a restaurant in the evenings, so my really dark moments have been when she has gone to stay with her mum as I have got so used to having her and it seems a big house on my own!

I also gave up my office as I didn't need the extra expense and now work from home which is difficult too. I work for myself and have a company that I pretty much run on my own.

My main thing I think is the pressure. My wife is still pretty dependent on me and the pressure gets to me some times. It's almost like having 2 children.

Some days I have sat there and cried, as it all seems a bit much, but I know in the long term it will all be normal and our daughter will never be short of love from either of us. At least we are not at each others throats like some marriages end and it is fairly amicable.

The first paragraph is identical to my life, i live with my partner, but there is no relationship. We live in the same house for the benefit of our daughter, she is 6.

I wish you the best of luck mate, remember your daughter is still very young, and it may feel hard now but it will get a lot less painful over time.

The first paragraph is identical to my life, i live with my partner, but there is no relationship. We live in the same house for the benefit of our daughter, she is 6.

I wish you the best of luck mate, remember your daughter is still very young, and it may feel hard now but it will get a lot less painful over time.

I know mate, we have told her we have 2 houses now and she seems to have adapted quite well up up to now. Over time it will get more normal, I still get very upset for my daughter as she is like my best mate too, but she will cope long term.

I mean I wasn't expecting an appointment this afternoon but one within the next few days before would have been nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright now i'm really annoyed at the doctors surgery because i know they have other people to see but the 12th of june is a joke. i have to phone again tomorrow off the back of another "bad day" today and I find it extremely difficult to pick up the phone and talk to anyone (which is why i have never phoned a support line) and now i have to at least phone them again tomorrow to see if i can get an emergency appointment, or im going to have phone someone and that just makes everything worse and i don't know what to do, if anyone has got any good websites where you can talk to someone online about things that would be very helpful too

Alright now i'm really annoyed at the doctors surgery because i know they have other people to see but the 12th of june is a joke. i have to phone again tomorrow off the back of another "bad day" today and I find it extremely difficult to pick up the phone and talk to anyone (which is why i have never phoned a support line) and now i have to at least phone them again tomorrow to see if i can get an emergency appointment, or im going to have phone someone and that just makes everything worse and i don't know what to do, if anyone has got any good websites where you can talk to someone online about things that would be very helpful too

Mate if it's really bad, if you have any sort of medical cover with your place, Try that.

Mate if it's really bad, if you have any sort of medical cover with your place, Try that.

no medical cover, only occupational health but i already visited them and the woman just basically said "you're young, you'll be fine" and the counselling sessions that they can offered weren't because my workplace isn't signed up and probably wont because of the cost (even though mental health issues are becoming more and more commonplace within my field of work - education)