Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I will try again during the week but I feel as though I need help fairly quickly and they took almost 6 weeks last time and at this moment in time im not in a position where I can phone and talk to various hotlines over the phone

Totally understand that it may be difficult to pick up the phone as this may be a private situation that you don't want others to know about. What I would say is hang in there, then when the first opportunity arrives get in touch with your gp and explain that you feel 6 weeks is far too long to wait to speak to someone. There should always be a way for them to help those that require a helping hand sooner rather than later. What I will say mate is this. You may be going through some dark days at the moment but never forget that ahead of you are many many great moments, life experiences and memories yet to be created.

Phone this line before 23:00. It's MIND. It's helped people in this thread before.

0845 767 8000

I can't at the moment because I'm in a house full of people who don't know what's going on and there is no room for privacy. I'm a bit shaky but i will hopefully be okay tonight i will find someone to phone if not though, thank you

Totally understand that it may be difficult to pick up the phone as this may be a private situation that you don't want others to know about. What I would say is hang in there, then when the first opportunity arrives get in touch with your gp and explain that you feel 6 weeks is far too long to wait to speak to someone. There should always be a way for them to help those that require a helping hand sooner rather than later. What I will say mate is this. You may be going through some dark days at the moment but never forget that ahead of you are many many great moments, life experiences and memories yet to be created.

thank you

this helped

I recommend you get another GP, also. There's a lot better out there than what you seem to have.

I will be doing exactly that, the rest of my family have an excellent GP but she isn't mine for some reason. Another member of my family got put on anti depressants in the last few days and they couldn't speak highly enough of their own GP, makes me wonder about my own.

I will be doing exactly that, the rest of my family have an excellent GP but she isn't mine for some reason. Another member of my family got put on anti depressants in the last few days and they couldn't speak highly enough of their own GP, makes me wonder about my own.

At least you can recognise the need for a second opinion and to seek some help.

Good on you mate, and it means better days are just around the corner. Never forget that and good luck.

I hope you realise it's not just reassuring words either, it's the sincere truth.

Get some rest mate. This weekend could be your most productive one for a while, you got stuff to arrange and make better.

Thanks a lot mate. Don't really know what to say other than thank you.

my mother died of breast cancer when i was 11 years of age.i found it difficult to talk to people' because i thought no one else would understand. i am on this site and we can all have a laugh and a joke, but there is people who we can all talk to' we are all in this for the journey and we all cry. i do. please keep in touchx

Played my first footy game of the season today, only got 40 minutes in as a sub as I am looking more and more like Goat everyday, but set up 3 goals in a 5 nil win.

Felt awesome in the changing room afterwards being back amongst my mates.

This has taken me nearly 8 months to do and I'm wrapped like :D :D :D

Buzzing for ya. Played lid!

in a further development to yesterdays story, and one to which I am proud to say I didn't react, I got an anonymous message from this new boyfriend of hers asking me "why i object to people being happy at my expense" and saying i was "shamefully petty"

lol @ people ;)