Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Right guys I posted in here at the beginning of the thread saying I needed help,I was at my lowest point had lost my job.house and any self worth I had left,I had truthfully contemplated suicide,only after talking to certain people on here who listened without judging,gave advice and basically done everything they could to keep me going I am managing to turn my life around, I start a new job on Monday and have a new flat to move into soon
So id lie to thank each and every person who has helped,posted in here and generally made the forum the way it is and any one out there suffering it can get better,talk seek help just dont bottle it all up

Right guys I posted in here at the beginning of the thread saying I needed help,I was at my lowest point had lost my job.house and any self worth I had left,I had truthfully contemplated suicide,only after talking to certain people on here who listened without judging,gave advice and basically done everything they could to keep me going I am managing to turn my life around, I start a new job on Monday and have a new flat to move into soon
So id lie to thank each and every person who has helped,posted in here and generally made the forum the way it is and any one out there suffering it can get better,talk seek help just dont bottle it all up

That's brilliant news mate.

That is great to hear mate. Good luck in the job, sure you will own it.;)

It's been worth it to help even one person alone.

Well in.

Great news mate, and hopefully an inspiration to any who feel themselves down in that well themselves at any point

That's great news

Onwards and upwards mate and good luck with the new job

One of my friends lost her battle with depression last week, leaving behind 2 children. She re-married only 4 months ago, split up last weekend and it seems that was the final straw. We are closer to her first husband, and see their children a lot who always talked very positively about their mum. We knew she was on a downward curve as her daughter was constantly posting positive messages on facebook for her, which happens every 6 months or so, but being newlyweds never thought it would spiral down so far so quickly.

The children were staying with dad for the week and she sent them a text saying she had to go away for a while and would see them soon. And that is the last thing she ever said.

Jesus

Must be a really dark and lonely place to be in to get to that point

fantastic news

Fantastic thread people, great to see.

Reading some of the posts it seems there is a real sense of frustration at how health services do not always offer great support. There are however avenues for patients, or people who want to advocate for patients, to try and have some sway on either research agendas, research projects or healthcare delivery. For example, INVOLVE and NICE actively support patient involvement in care and agenda setting. Might be worth getting involved?

http://www.invo.org.uk/

http://www.nice.org.uk/getinvolved/patientsandpublic/patientandpublichome.jsp

Fantastic thread people, great to see.

Reading some of the posts it seems there is a real sense of frustration at how health services do not always offer great support. There are however avenues for patients, or people who want to advocate for patients, to try and have some sway on either research agendas, research projects or healthcare delivery. For example, INVOLVE and NICE actively support patient involvement in care and agenda setting. Might be worth getting involved?

http://www.invo.org.uk/

http://www.nice.org.uk/getinvolved/patientsandpublic/patientandpublichome.jsp

the nhs does offer support but the difficulty is the individual has to try to contact them. I understand they have hundreds or thousands of people to look after but I find it frustrating that I can't get get hold of them when I need them.

the nhs does offer support but the difficulty is the individual has to try to contact them. I understand they have hundreds or thousands of people to look after but I find it frustrating that I can't get get hold of them when I need them.

Ah don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the NHS, what the purpose of my post was to suggest avenues for trying to get such concerns heard and addressed. No guarantees though.

Let's not turn this into a difficult political/NHS debate lads. That won't help folk.

If you need immediate support may I suggest contacting MIND on 0300 123 3393.