Deulofeu or McGeady in place of Kevin

Deulofeu or McGeady?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would start with McGeady, potentially bring Del on towards the end when the full backs are knackered.

The thing I like about McGeady is his close control, it's like the ball is velcro-Ed to his foot at times! And it means that although he doesn't have the raw pace Del has, he still goes past players, because they can't get the ball from him.

Also Del hardly ever passes, he must have hit the side netting 100 times, because he gets to the byline and just smashes it, rather than looking up and picking out Lukaku unmarked on the penalty spot.

Got to be Della. Shaw likes to get forward and when their attacks break down, he is more capable of punishing the space left behind than Mcgeady

It's a difficult one.

McGeady looks after the ball better but Deulofeu has more of a singular goal threat.

This weekend I think that we can play both.

It's a difficult one.

McGeady looks after the ball better but Deulofeu has more of a singular goal threat.

too much to risk both at the same time - I would start with Deulofeu and see what kind of game he has - at times he is brilliant and other times very poor. McGeady should replace him if he is poor.

too much to risk both at the same time - I would start with Deulofeu and see what kind of game he has - at times he is brilliant and other times very poor. McGeady should replace him if he is poor.

I think that McGeady is disciplined enough to be on the same pitch as Deulofeu and will work well with Baines down the left.

So long as we have three central midfielders it should work.

I think that McGeady is disciplined enough to be on the same pitch as Deulofeu and will work well with Baines down the left.

So long as we have three central midfielders it should work.

Did not work against Palace and not sure it will against Southampton. Only make the required changes and it messed the team up against Palace. Just start with McGeady and he can be replaced in the 2nd half by Deulofeu, who can run at Southampton late on in the game.

Osman is hot and cold as well (start with Osman and put Barkley on if Osman not playing well). Barkley not playing well currently.

Put Naismith up front from the start and if he does not do well he can be taken off and Lukaku moved fro wide to up front. When Lukaku plays wide right he tends to cut in and shoot (does not do this when he plays up front).

Howard
Coleman Stones Alacraz Baines
Barry McCarthy
Lukaku Osman McGeady
Naismith

It's a difficult one.

Cannot play them both this weekend for me. Saints with very quick pressing, we need players that have known and played with each other for a quite a while, as we will need to be comfortable on the ball, del and mcgeady wouldnt really keep the ball well between them for me, del has played with the likes of osman, naismith barkley more but mcgeady seems better at keeping the ball so is a very tough one, but simply because we will need as much space as possible, width will be very key in neutralizing their pressing game so we need coleman to attack well to provide options and del doesn't seem to allow that when he plays on the right so mcgeady for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.