David Moyes sacked - What if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't happy battling relegation either but after pretty much a decade of of it i was under on illusion that we had some divine right to be higher up the table. We were where we were because of bad managerial decision after bad managerial decision after bad results and we deserved to be there.

to make of been shouting "sort it out ffs" so why when we did are you determined not to give credit to the man who did. Instead just saying anyone could of done that. Well obviously not other wise we wouldn't of been there for nearly ten year.

I have give him credit, I just dont want an open bus parade for him.

If Moyes had left even one season earlier, there's a good chance we would not have Martinez (if he had passed on the job to stay with Wigan, like he did with Liverpool) or John Stones... that alone is reason enough that I'm glad he stayed as long as he did and I think he left at the appropriate time.

The position went to his head, and he burned his bridges but I won't hold it against him. I think he'll do an adequate job with Newcastle or whoever else next season

Sorry it was just an incredible sentence, and one that I can't comprehend. Normally I don't do the one word reply crap, so legitimately sorry for that.

But honestly, I can sort of see where you're coming from with your last post here, but surely you can understand the difference between giving Moyes all the credit in the world for the job he did when he first came here, but giving the guy the stick he deserves for his lack of tactical ability and worryingly large ego in the latter years?

Oh totally I very much understand that and was even a part of it after the cup final he seemed to loose all driveand determination for the club and not having any money for 2 years probably helped make it worse. He just seemed to be going through the motions since then. But am not going to deny what he did before that for us was very good from what he took over.

If he took the Norwich job and got them to consistent top 8 I'd say good on him. Tbh I'd have him back as director of football man can pick out a bargin. But bobby would have none of that.

Oh totally I very much understand that and was even a part of it after the cup final he seemed to loose all driveand determination for the club and not having any money for 2 years probably helped make it worse. He just seemed to be going through the motions since then. But am not going to deny what he did before that for us was very good from what he took over.

If he took the Norwich job and got them to consistent top 8 I'd say good on him. Tbh I'd have him back as director of football man can pick out a bargin. But bobby would have none of that.

I think 99% of this forum, including his fiercest critics, would acknowledge the job he did at first. The reason you're seeing a lot laying the knives into him today is because of what he said about Baines and Fellaini (I'd have sold them to Man Utd, it'd be wrong not to or something) and because of his ego when he hid his contract situation, combined with the fact he was lacklustre in his latter years here giving him no right to crap on the club like that and expect not to burn his bridges. I think that's fair mate.

And I've led the charge in calling for him to be a Director of Football on here actually! Agree with you completely, he could be world class in that role. But not at Everton!

Fair Nuff mate nobody's asking for one. Some people obviously just think what he did here till 2009 was more impressive then others I suppose.

Over his time, I have been more embarrased than had any pride in him.

Even when we did quite well, he managhed to ruin it, and drag down our expectations.

How much is he getting? Apparently £5m is it? A very rich man. Yes, he is sacked but he gets a fat compensation package and will soon get a new job.

Not sure what to make of this thread. Only time Moyes should ever have been considered for the axe, was the end of his second full season. Could have understood that at the time, but hindsight also tells us that sticking with him was absolutely the correct thing to do.

Not sure what to make of this thread. Only time Moyes should ever have been considered for the axe, was the end of his second full season. Could have understood that at the time, but hindsight also tells us that sticking with him was absolutely the correct thing to do.

He could have been sacked in December 's 2005 and 2011 with little complaints

Little that we know for sure, but what we do know is that we wouldn't of had the 11 years of history that we did, and compared to the previous decade, and the team he handed over, that's enough for me to be greatfull we didn't sack him.

Of all the variables, the likelyhood of things turning out better with the money Kenwright was allowing was pretty slim, not impossible, but highly, highly unlikely. Being the first to breach the 'sky 4' was less likely than getting relegated at the time, that's for sure.

We also do know, all those boss players Moyes bought in would be replaced by other players we loved, but that would be gutting, imagine never having Cahill beat the s**t out of the corner flag, or not following Arteta the best little spaniard we know all the way to European away games, no Baines, Coleman etc... and a life where you've never heard of Denis Stracqualursi, is no life at all.. the massive Argentinian lunatic.

Nope from that moment in 2002 after we had just finished 15th, to this season where we are on for 4th/5th with 3 games left to play and a potential 78 points... I've loved it.

What if nothing changed in the past, and we all just enjoyed the ride back to the awesomeness.

Why? when Colin Harvey was sacked for coming 6th that's how BK let standards drop at our club!

Whole different debate mate. It's not really relevant. Harvey was able to break the British transfer record for us (Cottee.) Don't see how it was Moyes fault for not being able to spend the big money, and why he should have been compared to a manager who had shed-loads to spend 15+ years earlier and ultimately sacked for the unfair comparison in performance.

Whole different debate mate. It's not really relevant. Harvey was able to break the British transfer record for us (Cottee.) Don't see how it was Moyes fault for not being able to spend the big money, and why he should have been compared to a manager who had shed-loads to spend 15+ years earlier and ultimately sacked for the unfair comparison in performance.
The Yak and Billy, and Beatty were not cheap - all sold at a loss!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.