David Moyes sacked - What if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate take those blue tinted specs off, we wasn't under achieving we where crap. You underachieve for a season maybe ala spurs you don't underachieve for most of a decade. We was probably over achieving by staying up tbh.

moyes kept us up, probably a lot manager could of done that I agree.

Moyes stopped use from fighting relegation, some managers could of done that.

moyes made us consistent Europe challengers, not many could of done that.

moyes got us into the Champions leauge, bloody bugger all could of done that.

That's my breakdown of moyes time in charge. He may of stayed in charger to long but the man did wonderful work while he was here no doubt. But some people just want to rewrite history now he's gone and they don't like him anymore.

What ever team he takes over next will end up being a good team that challenges for Europe most seasons. Am made up with bobby thought the little Spanish love muffin but am not going to forget what moyes did for this club coz he mouthed off once or twice about our players.

All of that is pure speculation mate. I thinbk any half decent manager could have done that.

He didnit get us int the CL, we went out of 2 Euopean comps, within a week.

I went to both of those games, and I will never forget that humiliation in Romania.

Moyes was the perfect man to oversee the period in which the bank demanded a fire sale of over 20 million pounds worth of players, during a concurrent period of two and a half years in which he was prevented from buying a single first team player for actual money. This was from September 2009 until January 2012.

Those who vilify him for sticking around or outstaying his welcome, whilst simultaneously championing the type of manager that would have walked away in such circumstances, are talking nonsense. Having to search for a new manager in that type of scenario would have been absolutely disastrous.

I think he had 3 contracts with Everton, and I think he was the right man on each occasion that those contracts were signed. But his negativity combined with his ego created a situation in which a change was needed by all parties, and his behaviour since leaving, and in the last six months of his contract at Everton was unacceptable. He has since found that the grass is not always greener.

Getting out alive ... think it don't say it. We got the typical Moyes-like results at City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal this season. The difference being Roberto said we'd give it a go and we did (well apart from Liverpool we did) - we said we'd go in and give it our best shot and we did - played really well at Arsenal, not too bad with no striker at Chelsea and Spurs and did ok for 30 or so at City (when they were playing well). So yeah, but this time we went to do something not "get out alive". Next time those teams might not be so lucky (Spurs, Chelsea!) - you keep knocking on the door and eventually you'll get in - see 1-0 at Old Trafford - see the league table (top 4 or 5 all season).

Should have gone after Bucharest - lost the dressing room, should have gone after Benfica - lost the dressing room. Should have gone after West Brom (0-4), Bolton (0-4), Villa (0-4), Liverpool (1-3) end of 2005.

All of that is pure speculation mate. I thinbk any half decent manager could have done that.

He didnit get us int the CL, we went out of 2 Euopean comps, within a week.

I went to both of those games, and I will never forget that humiliation in Romania.

Yeah but you seem to think that we where Purley underachieving based on our history and let's be honest that means sweet f a our history didn't save us from the drop moyes did. We're you sat there watching the match as we battled relegation, getting beat by what felt like everyone saying "it's okay lads our history will save us". Our history is just that history and as nice as it is to have it has about as much bearing on the present of this club as the future dose and that's bugger all.

Of course we where in the Champions leauge we where in the qualification for the group stages but we where still in it. Don't be blaming moyes for us getting knocked out of it because we all know it was a damn fix anyway.

Yeah but you seem to think that we where Purley underachieving based on our history and let's be honest that means sweet f a our history didn't save us from the drop moyes did. We're you sat there watching the match as we battled relegation, getting beat by what felt like everyone saying "it's okay lads our history will save us". Our history is just that history and as nice as it is to have it has about as much bearing on the present of this club as the future dose and that's bugger all.

Of course we where in the Champions leauge we where in the qualification for the group stages but we where still in it. Don't be blaming moyes for us getting knocked out of it because we all know it was a damn fix anyway.

No, I was sat their while hundreds and thousands of others shouted and screamed, what's going on"..'Sort it out FFS'
Not once did I hear anyone say 'Its ok lads, this were we should be'.
Moyes come, and him being cautious and defensive, straightened us out, and gave us stability, when needed.
Now, if you want to hail him as some kind of miracle worker, then that's fine for you.
I personally don't ever want to point to that point as a 'Success', it sends the wrong message, the message that Moyes himself has been pushing, since that period.

Yeah, to be fair, it was too much to ask to get Man United into the Europa League. You're spot on, with a good side like Stoke he'll work wonders.

Also, that post is 50% bullpoop and 50% spot on. You seemingly decided to switch your brain off after his first five or six years in charge. Fair play like.

Have they been challenging for Europe? Yes they have. They have also only just been ruled out of champions league after we beat them with what 3 games to go not bad for most teams okay it's crap for United but that's moyes level I never said it wasn't what ever team he takes on will end up there.

Okay what about the 2 and a half seasons with out any money to spend and still kept up challenging for Europe is that not very good or is that just bullpop as well. The FA Cup final okay we never won it but look at the teams we had to beat to get there and it was the first one we've been to since 95. So we can't really turn our noises up at it.

Am happy moyes is gone and i think it was the right time for him to leave but bloody hell some people on here are trying to make out we could of put simple jack in charge and everything would of worked out boss.

Moyes should of gone years ago, United have done the right thing, maybe we couldnt and had to stick with him. All this talk about Everton would of gone down without him is complete nonsense that can not in anyway be proved. The worst season it was 3 teams being even worse than us that kept us up, not Moyes
Walter kept us up, that was all he had to do, nothing more, he did it but no one thinks he was a sucess (least he won at Anfield once). We moved forward under Moyes, he played a part in that but he had it so much easier than Walter, no manager in history of the sport had a honeymoon period that lasted as long as his.
The only positive in being stuck with Moyes for so long is managers like Roberto dont come around too often, and if United hadnt of taken Moyes we would still have him and some other premiership team would of struck gold

Have they been challenging for Europe? Yes they have. They have also only just been ruled out of champions league after we beat them with what 3 games to go not bad for most teams okay it's crap for United but that's moyes level I never said it wasn't what ever team he takes on will end up there.

Okay what about the 2 and a half seasons with out any money to spend and still kept up challenging for Europe is that not very good or is that just bullpop as well. The FA Cup final okay we never won it but look at the teams we had to beat to get there and it was the first one we've been to since 95. So we can't really turn our noises up at it.

Am happy moyes is gone and i think it was the right time for him to leave but bloody hell some people on here are trying to make out we could of put simple jack in charge and everything would of worked out boss.

Outstanding.

No, I was sat their while hundreds and thousands of others shouted and screamed, what's going on"..'Sort it out FFS'
Not once did I hear anyone say 'Its ok lads, this were we should be'.
Moyes come, and him being cautious and defensive, straightened us out, and gave us stability, when needed.
Now, if you want to hail him as some kind of miracle worker, then that's fine for you.
I personally don't ever want to point to that point as a 'Success', it sends the wrong message, the message that Moyes himself has been pushing, since that period.

I wasn't happy battling relegation either but after pretty much a decade of of it i was under on illusion that we had some divine right to be higher up the table. We were where we were because of bad managerial decision after bad managerial decision after bad results and we deserved to be there.

to make of been shouting "sort it out ffs" so why when we did are you determined not to give credit to the man who did. Instead just saying anyone could of done that. Well obviously not other wise we wouldn't of been there for nearly ten year.

Quality retort mate I can not for the life of me understand how discussions can be dying out on this fourm with such witty and informative come backs.

Sorry it was just an incredible sentence, and one that I can't comprehend. Normally I don't do the one word reply crap, so legitimately sorry for that.

But honestly, I can sort of see where you're coming from with your last post here, but surely you can understand the difference between giving Moyes all the credit in the world for the job he did when he first came here, but giving the guy the stick he deserves for his lack of tactical ability and worryingly large ego in the latter years?

Status
Not open for further replies.