Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen enough of Darron Gibson to know that he's not good enough for Everton. Ferguson got Paul Scholes out of retirement rather than give him a run last weekend. Trapattoni prefers Glen Whelan, Keith Andrews & even Paul Green ahead of him. Let's hope there are a couple of other signings lined up.

Gibson would be a good deal. No he's not a world beater but Fellani and Rodwell miss prob 10 games each a season and would rather him coming in than nev playing CM.

Not the answer to our creativity problems mind so would still need to sign a ACM playmaker oh and a striker. Oh and now looks like a defender too.

Dont understand how people can think this is a good deal, most of his run outs for utd surrounded by world class players came against c*ap opposition and he was still useless bar the odd shot from range (no use to him at goodison) and long range pass, i've said it before, he would struggle in the championship, we are going backwards at an alarming rate and are only going to end up in one place, all the more frustrating in that it'll push barkley further down the pecking order

Chocholate.......

I can only imagine that you are looking at it all wrong...
We play 2 CM players in Rodwell and Fellani who both tend to miss a high amount of games. Are options to cover them has been 2 CB's all season. whilst not a world beater by any stretch Gibson for a very low fee can play there when needed.

I don't think in any way he would be signed as the replacement for Arteta or because moyes thinks he's what were missing but even being skint we still need squad players. Especially when they come up at low fees.

Barkley is a ACM playmaker type player who will play off the front man not a deep CM type player from what I can see, so it wouldn't hamper or delay his inclusion.

We need a striker and creative midfielder and his signing would not be to solve either but we need to add cheap squad players in a few possistions where we can also.

You need to look at it for what it is mate...

There better be other deals coming in, let's just say that

Not what we are after at all in my opinion

I'm looking at it from the most basic of points in that he's not good enough and will only drag us down further, whats the point in bringing in a 'squad' players if he's a lot worse than whats already there - I'm all for bringing in an extra body for cover and even for 2-3 million there would be better punts around than him.........

Chocholate.......

I can only imagine that you are looking at it all wrong...
We play 2 CM players in Rodwell and Fellani who both tend to miss a high amount of games. Are options to cover them has been 2 CB's all season. whilst not a world beater by any stretch Gibson for a very low fee can play there when needed.

I don't think in any way he would be signed as the replacement for Arteta or because moyes thinks he's what were missing but even being skint we still need squad players. Especially when they come up at low fees.

Barkley is a ACM playmaker type player who will play off the front man not a deep CM type player from what I can see, so it wouldn't hamper or delay his inclusion.

We need a striker and creative midfielder and his signing would not be to solve either but we need to add cheap squad players in a few possistions where we can also.

You need to look at it for what it is mate...

why would gibson wanna move from Utd where he's backup, to come to us to be backup????

"It'll be like a new signing"

Feels weird that could possibly be true...And really underwhelming

Mate in work (Big Utd fan) telling me hes on around 80k a week and rejected a move to Sunderland because they wouldent match the wages

No way we would be getting anywhere near that with us

Status
Not open for further replies.