Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't improve the team at all, so I don't see the.point. We have an 18 year old prodigy in the same position who can't get 5 minutes on the pitch so why bring in someone ahead of him who is clearly not as good? And waste a bit of our limited wage budget at the same time?

The only reason I can imagine us going for him would be because it'd be a low fee and Kenwright can end that evertontime.com website.

But the 18yr old prodigy isn't really a CM or deep lying CM like Rodwell and Fellani. Barkley is a ACM flair player. In a perfect world I'd love us to go out and buy benega to challenge/ replace Rodwell or Fellani but we can't. Gibson might just be about the best option available and is a step up from Neville playing CM

When everyone is fit Gibson wouldn't get in ahead of Fellaini and Rodwell. We need players who will go straight into the first XI not squad men. If he's out of contract at the end of the season then it might be worth considering just to boost numbers, but he wouldn't be a priority. Is he even fit at the moment? If so, it doesn't bode well that Fergie would rather bring Scholes out of retirement than play him.

Apparently Gibson said he wants to be released as a freebie in the summer and not sign for us. The kid must think he is better than he really is to say daft things like that. To turn down a game of football to sit on a bench for the remainder of the season is nuts. He comes across as a bit of a glory hunter happy to sit on a bench and collect throphies and medals.

He is sh*t when he plays for Ireland and the fact he can't get into a weakened Utd team says it all really. What is it in Moyes always trying to help Utd offload deadwood.

He won't offer us anything really. A bit like bily slow no real skill but has a great long range shot

Linked again 2 mrw in the mirror ffs no thanks saying talks have taken place we will have Morrison off them but Gibson about as good as Colin Gibson

Everton are closing on a cut-price £1million deal for Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson.

Manager David Moyes has a limited budget but is desperate to add bodies to his squad which has been decimated by injuries and sees 24-year-old Gibson as a player who can lift his team.p

Status
Not open for further replies.