Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was on Newstalk (Irish Radio Station) this morning that he'd "jarred his knee" and would likely miss the Scotland game.

Where do they get this bogus info from?

In terms of his quality you probably wouldn't find many better third or fourth choice CM's better. For his wages he's well worth keeping on for the cups, europe and lower prem sides.
id agree if he was ever fit for them

no point having a reserve player who is always injured

you want them always available so they can come in whenever. relying on him to provide cover is just going to mean we'll put out youngsters or overplay first-teamers.

Martinez said in the press conference today that it isn't an injury and that he expected him to train as normal today. He hasn't pulled out of the international squad, that squad is finalised next Sunday.

Lads, let's give him a chance to actually get injured.
His ACL wasn't even one of those that you can put down to him being injury prone either - happens to lots of players that are generally healthy, more bad luck than anything.

No ones gonna pay for watching a joiner hang a door, etc. he gets what he's worth in his industry, end of.

His injuries come as a direct result of his 'job'. If your job was risky and could lead to serious injury you'd expect to be paid while injured.

i'd expect to be paid for turning up to work once or twice a year for a decade?

If you were a concert pianist and doing your jobs made your fingers fall off you'd expect to be paid forever. There's no difference. He didn't get his injuries doing the okey cokey.

Are you for real, lad? Gibson's already enjoyed more success than most footballers. Here're the career highlights:

2 league cup winner's medals.
1 premier league winner's medal.
Scored in both a champions league quarter-final and semi-final.
Played for two of the best clubs in the land.

Also, he has 185 senior club appearances and 24 national team appearances to his name thus far. And in case you didn't notice he's been available all season and has been on the bench at least since the Chelsea game, so hardly 'once or twice a year'.

Are you for real, lad? Gibson's already enjoyed more success than most footballers. Here're the career highlights:

2 league cup winner's medals.
1 premier league winner's medal.
Scored in both a champions league quarter-final and semi-final.
Played for two of the best clubs in the land.

Also, he has 185 senior club appearances and 24 national team appearances to his name thus far. And in case you didn't notice he's been available all season and has been on the bench at least since the Chelsea game, so hardly 'once or twice a year'.

i'm sorry, it sounds like you're trying to use this to back up your theory. you do realise mccarthy has 80 more appearances despite being 4 years younger. no idea why you're highlighting his career highlights. i'm not saying he's a bad players, just saying he's not exactly done much work in his career to warrant retiring for life in mid 30's like he will

If we did receive a decent bid for Gibson I would sell him, I just don't see him in Martinez's plans, plus his injuries over the years you are never going to get a decent run out of him.

i'm sorry, it sounds like you're trying to use this to back up your theory. you do realise mccarthy has 80 more appearances despite being 4 years younger. no idea why you're highlighting his career highlights. i'm not saying he's a bad players, just saying he's not exactly done much work in his career to warrant retiring for life in mid 30's like he will

You seem to think when a player is injured or not being picked, they are not working. These are probably the hardest times for players and when they are working their hardest, both physically and mentally.

I'm not debating his injury record, it's there for all to see. The achievements were to show that he has played his part in success and that he has actually done a few decent things and played more than once or twice a year.

James McCarthy came through at Hamilton and Wigan. Easier to get games there than at Manchester United. The fact that he's a robot has also helped. Gibson's also 3 years older than McCarthy, not 4.

Your argument is inane. What's the cutoff for games played that a player needs to justify retiring at mid-30s? The clubs offer the contracts and the players fulfill their duties.

Good little run out for Gibson, he brings something to our midfield no one else does with his range of passing, plus he's just as adept at passing forward as he is square.

Really hope he can maintain his fitness, especially if Barry's knock is bad.

Can't believe so many have written him off. If he can stay fit he'll be an integral member of the squad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.