Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to line up a replacement for Barrry soon. He's pushing on
ilj09x.jpg

Appears his leg doesnt have to be amputated, gibbo lives

That's the spirit Gibbo. Rubbed a special pint of Irish Guinness into the wound and he was right as rain in no time.

Really like Darron as a player, best passer of the ball at the club. Those injuries be adding up though, and I can't see the Barry/McCarthy axis being broken for anyone, least not until Gareth retires. With Besic waiting in the wings you get the feeling Gibbo is fourth choice, and if we had a chance of getting say, Alex Song who is a class above most players, then Darron is the one I'd flog.

While I sympathise with @neil999 's opinion, Gibson has been injured an awful lot

Maybe it's time to look at moving him on?

Not his fault, but the club is essentially paying him to sit on a physio's table

i agree we may have to do this and also agree that it doesnt look like he suits martinez system(not mobile like mccarthy adn not defesively aware enough like barry)

shame really

i agree we may have to do this and also agree that it doesnt look like he suits martinez system(not mobile like mccarthy adn not defesively aware enough like barry)

shame really

I think he's a good enough player than he can adapt to Martinez's system

It's just weighing up the cost of keeping him vs the amount of game time he gets and deciding whether it's financially viable to keep him or better to bring someone else in and sell him on

Last edited:
this is what irks me - no offence to gibson here - he's barely played football in his life and yet he's still been earning more in a week that most of us will see in a year. how is that fair? i'm never sick from my job, but i'll never get to retire at the age of 35 for life. gibson's done very very little in his whole career and yet set up for life for kicking a ball once every 6 months - world really shouldn't work like that.

No ones gonna pay for watching a joiner hang a door, etc. he gets what he's worth in his industry, end of.

His injuries come as a direct result of his 'job'. If your job was risky and could lead to serious injury you'd expect to be paid while injured.

While I sympathise with @neil999 's opinion, Gibson has been injured an awful lot

Not his fault, but the club is essentially paying him to sit on a physio's table

He's apparently not injured at the moment. The club has hardly been paying him to sit on the physio table. If anything, this season they've been paying for him to sit on the bench. The ACL injury period was covered by FIFA. He's been available all season. At least wait until he actually does get injured again before writing him off completely.

Some people are too quick to write people off. Short memories. When Gibson was playing with Neville, Osman or Fellaini the side was just as good points-wise as it is now. Without Gibson, that side was a turd. Imagine what he could potentially do with a McCarthy or a Besic.

Starting to think this more and more, really really rate Gibson, think he's fantastic, but at the moment he's a wasted wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.