Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's hard at the moment as Barry is so important to our formation/setup. He plugs all the holes from bAines and others attacking. A role that Gibson can not do as well Barry.

Playing Gibson with Barry doesn't really work either as pace from that area goes out of the side. Barry is gonna need resting at some point tho, so surely Gibbo will get some game time soon.

If not starting against burnley I'd certainly be looking to get him half an hour or so later in the match.

...amazing how things change, he was our most pivotal central midfielder and we had a fantastic record when he played. Then the injuries started, in came the likes of McCarthy and Besic and he's probably behind them all in the pecking order now.
I think his injuries started well before he came to Everton.I think he has loads of ability but injuries have stopped
him becoming the player he could have been.

If it wasn't for his injuries he wouldn't be an Everton player....still making a decent living for someone not very reliable at his job

Should play more, criticism of him is mindless. When he was in the team he was one of our better players and we had a great record. Barry is inconsistent (not surprising seeing he is 33). Great against Villa and Lille but awful against some of the other teams this season. Good squad player but he can't play every game. Gibson and Barry should be rotated like Besic and McCarthy are. We have 4 quality centre mids that a lot of clubs would want but we only use two and a half of them. At home, against weaker opposition Gibson's penetration is often required when Barry and McCarthy keep hitting a wall with their ball retention. Away fro, home when we're struggling there's no reason Gibson couldn't come on and spray a few long passes around to get us up the pitch quickly. Martinez appears loathe to substitute players in the deep midfield positions during a game though. If we don't use him we will lose him.

He's injured again. Jarred his knee in training.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...ll-injury-worry-with-jarred-knee-295543.html?

MARTIN O’NEILL will be anxiously waiting on news from Everton today where Darron Gibson is to undergo tests after sustaining an injury in training.

Just minutes before the Ireland manager faced the media in Dublin yesterday to announce his latest squad, he learned that the FAI had received a text from the club’s physio to say the midfielder had jarred a knee in training and, while the initial assessment was that the problem was not too serious, it was clear it would not be possible to give a definitive verdict until he undergoes a more thorough examination today.

I don't think he'll make it under martinez, the system we play under RM requires the 2 holding midfielders to have alot of movement in shielding the back 4 I don't think gibbo is mobile enough to do with McCarthy nor the intelligence that barry does in his postioning.

Also massively injury prone, for me I would look to flog for a few mil in the summer and get song in

Fck me, not again.

Gibbo lad, maybe you should start looking after a vocation like carpentry or study medicine, be a knee surgeon and do surgery on yourself or whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.