Corners, Free Kicks and going backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImKoneKoneKoneKone

Player Valuation: £1m
I cannot for the life of me remember the last time we whipped in a corner, whipped in a free kick from anywhere before 20 yards. Everything we do goes backwards. Corners are short, free kicks go away from goal. We have two players currently, who can deliver high quality balls (Baines, Mirallas) (Barkley when hes back). So where are we going wrong?

I understand Martinez is a fan of possession, but its getting ridiculous now. Anybody else agree? Care to discuss?

I said in another thread, the sideways passing gives the opposition so much time to get into shape and sit back. It's boring and predictable.

Against Wolfsburg I think it was, McCarthy had the ball and our winger (can't remember who) darted down the line, McCarthy ignored it, turned back and passed it to a defender. It went from a potential counter attack to passing it across the back 4.

I said in another thread, the sideways passing gives the opposition so much time to get into shape and sit back. It's boring and predictable.

Against Wolfsburg I think it was, McCarthy had the ball and our winger (can't remember who) darted down the line, McCarthy ignored it, turned back and passed it to a defender. It went from a potential counter attack to passing it across the back 4.
Exactly what we saw today with Atsu when Mcgeady had so much space, Jagielka doing 360s at Wolfsburg.
Why are we so scared to square it and go for the dangerous pass. Were too safe and too predictable

a corner for Everton is about as useful as a throw in on the half way line ..teams who score from set pieces get stereotyped as long ball merchants there is no shame in it we used to be very dangerous from corners and set pieces can't even remember a decent corner never mind a goal from one

a corner for Everton is about as useful as a throw in on the half way line ..teams who score from set pieces get stereotyped as long ball merchants there is no shame in it we used to be very dangerous from corners and set pieces can't even remember a decent corner never mind a goal from one
Cahill/Jelavic used to bag from corners constantly, but that was Moyes. Martinez would never let us put it in the box

Blame goes to baines when it comes to set pieces, appauling deliveries from him time and time again, kevs have been okay better and garbutts today were very good

We dont have anyone who attacks them properly too, for such a colossus man, distin is a colosus [Poor language removed], roms poor in the air, as is jags

...Lukaku in the derby?...and I think Barkley got a gift in some game

Blame goes to baines when it comes to set pieces, appauling deliveries from him time and time again, kevs have been okay better and garbutts today were very good

We dont have anyone who attacks them properly too, for such a colossus man, distin is a colosus [Poor language removed], roms poor in the air, as is jags
yes, he wins very little. I think that heavy head knock against West Ham has made him wary of head clashes

Status
Not open for further replies.