Coldest ground in England

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's alright saying Stoke get the results. They don't.

They don't win trophies, they don't finish in the top half of the Pl. They've spent the third most money of any Pl side in the last five years (more than villa, more than tottenham, more than arsenal, more than liverpool, more than Man U). I'd expect them to finish higher than 13th.

The reason they don't is that they're cowardly wimps who are so scared of relagation they don't actually try and win games.

haha, their draw record is similar to ours but totally different if you know what i mean. Then again, you'd never see us win 5-0 in an FA Cup Semi Final, even if it was only Bolton.

I don't mind the long ball shizz, if every football team played exactly the same it wouldn't be as entertaining, the contrast in styles is what makes it good. But yeah, the needless fouls, 10 minutes of the game spent wiping a ball with a towel, setting up a set piece etc. is the unnacceptable part. Doesn't grind my gears but every time we play stoke it's ****ing dull to watch and i would be very bored if i had to watch that tosh every week, especially considering the money spent.

Ah well they were in the 3rd Division not so long ago so i'm sure a fair few of the fans don't mind

The club has spent £75m NET since 2008 and they still play s**t football and can't finish top half of the table. Joke of a club.

Agree with this I'm afraid. And also the booing of that Arsenal player who got his leg broke has really put me off the whole club, including fans. I'm sure the OP is a nice bloke though.

haha, their draw record is similar to ours but totally different if you know what i mean. Then again, you'd never see us win 5-0 in an FA Cup Semi Final, even if it was only Bolton.

I don't mind the long ball shizz, if every football team played exactly the same it wouldn't be as entertaining, the contrast in styles is what makes it good. But yeah, the needless fouls, 10 minutes of the game spent wiping a ball with a towel, setting up a set piece etc. is the unnacceptable part. Doesn't grind my gears but every time we play stoke it's ****ing dull to watch and i would be very bored if i had to watch that tosh every week, especially considering the money spent.

Ah well they were in the 3rd Division not so long ago so i'm sure a fair few of the fans don't mind

Totally agree.

I am by no means against playing direct football, there are different ways of playing football, as long as you play to the rules then do what the hell you want. But the time wasting and persistant fouling is what really gets me annoyed about Stoke. It gets to the point were I would actually label it as a form of cheating. The game at Goodison last year was probably one of the most frustrating games of football that I have ever seen. The ball was never in play for longer than 10 seconds. If the only way you can win a football match is by behaving in that way then whats the point in playing football? They might as well just get relegated so that they can give their fans some real pride and play properly at a level were they can play without cheating.

I'm sure the OP is a nice guy and I in no way intend to offend him, but come on, how can you be proud of that? I would be ashamed if that were my club.

Coldest..... The Breezeblock.

It will be cold in Stoke though, it always was in the olden days so when you pass through the time portal at sandbach you notice a drop in temp. Think about them though, they cant even wear gloves due to their extra fingers.

BATE Borisov. That stupid pointless game where we played our kids and got beat 1 0 was the coldest Ive been at a football match. Still dont know why I came all the way up for that. There was about 18,000 there so there wasnt even anyone next to me I could snuggle with ffs.

Fratton Park is the coldest ground I've ever been too.
Anyone remember when Matty Taylor scored from the half way line? Cold day that

Enjoyed reading the replies, mixture of strong dislike and grudging respect.

Few points

Money spent - difficult to compare our spending against any established club. We had to build a squad and strengthen almost every position, good example would be to compare our subs bench now to when we got promoted.

Entertainment vs Results - there is now a call from the fans for the style of football to improve. In parts this season we have started to evolve our playing style. Yes it's still direct at times but we do have players who are much more composed on the ball and the signs are encouraging.

Personally I think it's ludicrous to suggest that we are too physical or cheat, I think on most cases the media tend to jump on the Stoke bandwagon at times. Crouch had 3 teeth knocked out against Newcastle recently, I wonder what the press reaction had been if it was Huth or Shawcross on Ba?

Fans - like any support we have a moronic few and I have been embarrassed on a few occasions by some of their actions particularly some of the young chav types that like to act the hard man. In general though, we are a decent bunch who are passionate about the club and hopefully you'll get a friendly welcome to the Brit and any of the pubs n clubs prior to match

While not in England, I'd nominate Pittodrie in Aberdeen to be not only the coldest ground in Britain, but potentially the coldest spot on earth. Open away end facing towards the sea sees the wind whip all the way around. the ground and out the otherside. Having the stewards try to make you sit on seats that literally will not fold down in midweek games there in December/January, followed by snowball fights at half-time are always a laugh.

Few points

Money spent - difficult to compare our spending against any established club. We had to build a squad and strengthen almost every position, good example would be to compare our subs bench now to when we got promoted.

Entertainment vs Results - there is now a call from the fans for the style of football to improve. In parts this season we have started to evolve our playing style. Yes it's still direct at times but we do have players who are much more composed on the ball and the signs are encouraging.

Personally I think it's ludicrous to suggest that we are too physical or cheat, I think on most cases the media tend to jump on the Stoke bandwagon at times. Crouch had 3 teeth knocked out against Newcastle recently, I wonder what the press reaction had been if it was Huth or Shawcross on Ba?

Fans - like any support we have a moronic few and I have been embarrassed on a few occasions by some of their actions particularly some of the young chav types that like to act the hard man. In general though, we are a decent bunch who are passionate about the club and hopefully you'll get a friendly welcome to the Brit and any of the pubs n clubs prior to match

75m is a lot no matter how you slice it mate. You've spent ten million or more a season since winning promotion, and then a team like Swansea came up and finished ahead of you !

Few points

Wasn't the booing of Ramsey pretty round though?

Fair F***s to stoke. I hate all this football style snobbery. They have established themselves as a top flight side and one that no one relishes playing. They have good support. Maybe compare them to Swansea after Swansea have been in the top flight for a few more years. And as for the money, I can only dream of having owners prepared to invest in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.