Coldest ground in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightwood

Player Valuation: £500k
Hello chaps,

Five years since I first posted on here and we've really managed to get up peoples noses and consolidate our place within the Premier League.

I'm looking forward to the weekend as I always look forward to the game versus Everton.

Tip for the weekend - put three layers of everything on and you'll still be cold. The Brit is without a doubt the coldest ground in England and it's looking pretty nippy this Saturday.

Which camp are you guys in? The one that says Stoke are an embarassment to football and the sooner we're relegated the better or the one that actually admires the team for their hard work and organisation?

We've certainly devided opinion and seem to be a regular target for likes of Talksport but I honestly am very proud of our achievements and couldn't give a toss if we're deem to play the 'wrong' way.

Safe journey to all those travelling at the weekend and let's hope for goals as I can see this being very tight 0-0 1-0 or 0-1

Up the potters!

Hi mate,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I'm in the camp that thinks Stoke are an embarassment to football. I admire a team like West Brom for their hard work and organisation, they are an example of what a team like Stoke should be doing. Stoke have no excuse for playing the way they do. What I hate the most about Stoke is that they actually have more money than us and therefore have no reason to play the way they do. Dont get me wrong, we know all about playing to your strengths and working within financial constraints but any team who starts to run down the clock in the 1st half of a game is just sucking the joy out of football.

Cant believe your fans are happy playing in the system that you do, that can't be fun to watch? Can it? I know the 180 minutes a season when we play you are the most boring, how you can watch it week in week out? I'll never understand.

Dont expect us to win this game at all, going for a 0-0 or 1-1. Really hope we play our own game and do not get caught up in the way Stoke play, if we do that for once it would be great to put in a good results against Stoke.

Hi mate,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I'm in the camp that thinks Stoke are an embarassment to football. I admire a team like West Brom for their hard work and organisation, they are an example of what a team like Stoke should be doing. Stoke have no excuse for playing the way they do. What I hate the most about Stoke is that they actually have more money than us and therefore have no reason to play the way they do. Dont get me wrong, we know all about playing to your strengths and working within financial constraints but any team who starts to run down the clock in the 1st half of a game is just sucking the joy out of football.

Cant believe your fans are happy playing in the system that you do, that can't be fun to watch? Can it? I know the 180 minutes a season when we play you are the most boring, how you can watch it week in week out? I'll never understand.

Dont expect us to win this game at all, going for a 0-0 or 1-1. Really hope we play our own game and do not get caught up in the way Stoke play, if we do that for once it would be great to put in a good results against Stoke.

I agree with this. Just no reason to play the way tey do.

First season, ok, we get you just want to survive.

The 1 thing that gets me, is every one of their players CAN play football. Their is no way them players have graduated every academy playing that way. They MUST have some ability.

Huth did not come through that German system elbowing and dragging players to the ground. Shawcross did not come through the best Academy in England by doing what he does now, it just does not work like that.

Pullis is the reason they are playing this way.

Stoke are the anti-football. All they try to do is stop teams playing.

but there achievement to stay in the prem is outstanding, an good luck, it's up to teams to find a way to beat you.....

its a results businesses first a foremost

wigan is always the coldest.

i respect stoke for how they play when they win; when they lose it looks awful.

Stoke are the anti-football. All they try to do is stop teams playing.

but there achievement to stay in the prem is outstanding, an good luck, it's up to teams to find a way to beat you.....

its a results businesses first a foremost

They're not going to have to try very hard against us. Fellaini wont have much joy against their grocky centre backs; see West Brom.

Never been to the britannia but I froze my nuts off at the stadium of light in April ffs, so god knows how freezing it is there now

Oldham is horrendous, but Roker Park was in a league of it's own.

As for Stoke, Pulis is the anti-football Messiah & your fans are the wierdest set of misfits I've ever seen roll up at Goodison. It's like stepping back into the 70's when you lads roll into town. haha.

Joking aside, he's done what he needed to do, to establish you as a PL side, so fair play to him for that & for the Coates family for backing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.