Capital One Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegirl

Player Valuation: £15m
With the Europa this season, the CC is at the bottom of my list of priorities and in my opinion a chance to rest a few players.

Normally I wouldn't rest anyone but with Europa, FA cup and league, I guess this is our best chance.

I'd like to see full strength in the league, FA Cup and Europa as much as possible, although in some games obviously rotation is needed.

Id imagine the CC will be where Roberto plays the fringe players such as Joel, Alcaraz, Hibbert, Browning, Garbutt, Besic, Gibson, Osman, Atsu etc.

I'd like to see Kone and Oviedo feature against Swansea to get them back to fitness, good game to see where they're at.

What do you reckon?

Never been a fan of 'weakened teams', however, our overall squad is the strongest it's been so resting a few players shouldn't really damage us too much....besides, we're playing a decent team so unlikely to be knocked out yet:)

Even though the Capital Cup is our lowest priority, RM will be putting out a team he thinks can win every game. I'm glad we are beginning to have a squad which looks good enough to play on all fronts.

Sadly @bluegirl I don't think we are in any position to pick and choose what we want to go for the most.

We've not won a trophy for sodding ages, and as much as I hate the league cup i'd windmill for weeks if we won it.

I do think we'll play a weakened team at Swansea next week though. Purely because everyone of the main guys will be knackered otherwise!

Wouldn't shock me to see a few changes against Palace either.

Not sure sweeping 11 changes against Swansea would be the best idea. However opp teams usually make many changes in the Capital One cup. Players like Distin, Pienaar, Besic, Etto, Atsu, Osman could come in no problem. Gibson, Kone and Oveido would be big risks starting IMO.

..................Robles.....................
..Coleman..Stones..Distin..Baines.
........McCarthy........Besic............
...Atsu.........Osman.......Pienaar...
....................Eto'o.....................

Howard Browning Oveido Gibson Naismith Kone Mirallas

I agree Swansea are very good this year and will be a test with the strongest side. Just speaking in theory here. In order of personal priorities.

Think we'll have to rest some players before the derby and this looks the most likely game to change things. Palace at home would be the easier game to win with a weakened team though.

Think we'll have to rest some players before the derby and this looks the most likely game to change things. Palace at home would be the easier game to win with a weakened team though.

There's absolutely no way on earth we should play a weakened side in the Prem..against anyone

Palace beat us at Goodison just a few months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.