Calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are happy with his defensive organisation, good for you. But the last time we had such a bad start was the year we were in the champions league. We ended up one place above relegation. At least we are scoring now. But I'd prefer to have defensive solidity rather than prolific goal scoring.

A team is built from the back.

I am happy that last season we had the third best defence in the league statistically. I am happy that three games at the start of the season and a few meaningless friendlies will rarely ever give you a definitive insight into whats to come. The same way a poor patch of form last xmas didnt sum up our whole season. I am happy to be a patient person who doesn't think the sky is falling after some poor defending in a couple of games.

That doesn't mean I'm happy with the defense so far. It also doesn't mean I am sure the defence will not prove to be weak for the season.

I haven't a clue, and neither do you. Its been said by a couple of posters now...you are posting your subjecive nonsense, or i see it as nonsense at least, and stating it as if fact. This sort of stuff adds to the fuming on here and makes the matchday thread on here alnost unbearable.

I am happy that last season we had the third best defence in the league statistically. I am happy that three games at the start of the season and a few meaningless friendlies will rarely ever give you a definitive insight into whats to come. The same way a poor patch of form last xmas didnt sum up our whole season. I am happy to be a patient person who doesn't think the sky is falling after some poor defending in a couple of games.

That doesn't mean I'm happy with the defense so far. It also doesn't mean I am sure the defence will not prove to be weak for the season.

I haven't a clue, and neither do you. Its been said by a couple of posters now...you are posting your subjecive nonsense, or i see it as nonsense at least, and stating it as if fact. This sort of stuff adds to the fuming on here and makes the matchday thread on here alnost unbearable.

I find your response egregious, you say I talk nonsense but have not given any sort of evidence. I've stated Moyes had a defensive tactic that Martinez is lacking. I do not see that as non sense. It is fact. Martinez is not responsible for the defensive record last season. All the players involved AND their tactics were moyes influenced and implemented.

I find your response egregious, you say I talk nonsense but have not given any sort of evidence. I've stated Moyes had a defensive tactic that Martinez is lacking. I do not see that as non sense. It is fact. Martinez is not responsible for the defensive record last season. All the players involved AND their tactics were moyes influenced and implemented.

Nope. First thing I noticed last season was the centre defenders played a lot further apart than they did under Moyes, with Barry dropping in.

You're defo right though, we used Moyes' tactics all last season. Probably still used his team-talks too. LOL.

You are wrong. McCarthy and Barry were a HUGE part of our defensive set up last year. Stones too...who was promoted by Martinez.

Pipe down, eh? We're supposed to be calming down in here, not melting and talk poo.

You want evidence of the fact that its stupid to start stating as fact an opinion based on a very small set of statistics?

You want evidence of the fact that its stupid to start stating as fact an opinion based on a very small set of statistics?

Small set? When was the last time we had a comical defence for three consecutive games as well as a laughable preseason?

I'll state again. I have nothing against Martinez. I am so glad we have him instead of Moyes. I would never want him back. But he does lack a defensive tactic. It's the same problem he had at Swansea and Wigan.

Moyes had the whole side set up defensively with every player expected to do their part and defend from the front

Martinez gives the forwards much more freedom to express themselves and as a result play less part in the defensive side of play.

Despite this, last season with our back four playing in a completely different system we had the third best defensive record in the league

*bats ball back into melts court

Calm down mate.

What's different between this year and last?

Status
Not open for further replies.