Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of Stones and Jagielka attempting to comfort him bought a lump to my throat. Stones has got future Everton captain all over him.

Really sad. Gutted for the lad who was (is) quite clearly a big part of our future. Now he misses the end to our most exciting season in years and the World Cup. Tragic.

As someone else mentioned earlier, I too have not been this upset over an injury for a long time. Last time was Inchy Heath getting crocked by Brian Marwood at the end of 1984. He was flying then and I just hope Oviedo regains his form, as unfortunately Inchy was never quite the same after his injury.

Everton_Oviedo.gif

Come on Blues, let's win the cup for him

I had a similar injury and I was well over 3 months in plaster. Saying that I managed to scale the fence at Glastonbury in a half plaster. I guess he has a shot at making the world cup. Cant see him playing for us again this season though. Its a real shame I thought he was absolutely useless until Baines got his injury then was the biggest surprise of the season. Love the chap.

I had a similar injury and I was well over 3 months in plaster. Saying that I managed to scale the fence at Glastonbury in a half plaster. I guess he has a shot at making the world cup. Cant see him playing for us again this season though. Its a real shame I thought he was absolutely useless until Baines got his injury then was the biggest surprise of the season. Love the chap.

I'm guessing he will get better treatment though. Has he got any chance in making the World Cup? I'd bloody love him to score the winner vs England.

The picture of Stones and Jagielka attempting to comfort him bought a lump to my throat. Stones has got future Everton captain all over him.
Stones went to him first and held his hand and comforted him throughout the whole thing.

Future captain indeed, brilliant both him and Jags.

Hope he's back before the end of the season and is able to go to the World Cup.

Stones went to him first and held his hand and comforted him throughout the whole thing.

Future captain indeed, brilliant both him and Jags.

Hope he's back before the end of the season and is able to go to the World Cup.

Don't worry lad, he will come off the bench vs England and bag 85th minute.

He will get a mention in Robertos team talk probably on Tuesday which could pump them up more.

I'm guessing he will get better treatment though. Has he got any chance in making the World Cup? I'd bloody love him to score the winner vs England.

With top doctors and rehab there is a hope.

The closest Hospital is Lister hospital about 3 miles from the ground so he'll have been whizzed straight in for immediate attention.

Definitely better treatment then I had I suspect, I went with beer, Brighton general and acupuncture. I think the kitting of the bone together is very unpredictable so an estimate isnt easy. England -Costa Rica isin almost exactly 5 months so I suppose is possible but unlikely.

I've got tears in my eyes just thinking about him.

Since coming into the team in December and playin as well as he has, the ultimate professional. I love him and for his attitude is my favourite Everton player. No player deserves what happens from any club, for it to be Oviedo, it breaks my heart

Absolutely gutted for him. Rotten to get this sort of injury at any point, but at this point in his career when he's really growing at the club, been very impressive this year and has a once in a lifetime opportunity to represent his country at the WC this summer. Can only hope he recovers by June but without being a doctor, it doesn't look good at all. Awful. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.