Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another excellent performance today.
He's been one of our very best performers since coming into the side. Top, top quality player.

Find it quite mad that for all of Leighton's quality as a LB that we have another quality LB in Oviedo. Fantastic again today, love his work rate and overall play :)

Only just seen a few highlights online- certainly looks like he was very involved and creating a real threat going forward with a couple of goal assists.
Did he have much to do defending wise, how was that side of his game??????

Find it quite mad that for all of Leighton's quality as a LB that we have another quality LB in Oviedo. Fantastic again today, love his work rate and overall play :)

To be fair, it's mirrored on the other side of the pitch with hibbert / Coleman

2 assists today and also won a penalty, done superbly since he's come into the side. Biggest compliment I can give him is that when he has played, we haven't missed Baines.

We all love Bainsey, no questions asked, but if he were to leave I'd no longer feel as empty as I would have, that being said I hope he see's how things are going, signs a new deal and finishes his career with us as a bonafide legend, based on ability and longevity

Did he have much to do defending wise, how was that side of his game??????

He didn't have to do much, once in the second half he was miles up the pitch ahead of play and the ball went down their right wing. Someone got across to cover but he could've been caught out against a side with top class wingers.

Like Ashley Young or Nani or someone. Or Willy Zaha if he's not busy with Little Miss Moyes.

I have to be honest and say that I didn't think Oviedo would make the step up. This was strengthened by his performance against Stevenage but now he looks class. Comfortable on the ball, makes himself available at any given moment and where did he get that shot from. This guy must have worked his nuts off in training to improve himself and now when he plays its like he has been in the team for years.

Moyes saw this guy every day in training yet is willing to (try) to pay nearly £20m for Baines who is nearly 30! I think he is better all round than Lb, will also get more goals from what we have seen so far. Happy for baines to go really.

Status
Not open for further replies.