Brian Doogan appointed Everton Head of Media and Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
http://www.grandoldteam.com/2014/11/21/brian-doogan-join-everton/

Everton have appointed Brian Doogan as Head of Media and Communications. Doogan, who has been Head of Media at Aston Villa since October 2009, will take up his post at Everton early in the New Year.

Brian Doogan said: "I’ve always had a huge admiration for Everton Football Club and, when I got the chance to join them, it was an opportunity I simply couldn’t turn down. Like Villa, Everton is one of the most authentic clubs in the Premier League with a rich heritage and passionate and knowledgeable fans and, while I’m sad to be leaving a great club like Villa, I’m looking forward very much to becoming part of the team at Goodison."

Personally a big fan of Aston Villa's Media/Comms, so looking forward to seeing what this bloke can do.

Good luck.

This guy is awful from my experience.
Had dealings with him in the past.

Be interested to see how he fits in.
Underwhelming news.

This guy is awful from my experience.
Had dealings with him in the past.

Be interested to see how he fits in.
Underwhelming news.

If he's been chosen by Everton he's there to do one thing and one thing only: provide a communications blanket that securely covers the owners of the club from criticism - from inside and outside of it.

Myers was an aberration...and he was moved on for it (sorry, 'mutually agreed' to leave).

Can you explain further?

Not in great length to be honest.
Put it this way in the past year rumours have hit press about bullying and unprofessional conduct about Villa staff as well as the club being put up for sale long before the club confirmed the news itself.

Villas attendances down considerably. Whilst performances contribute hugely so too does the message from the club. Of which there has been none.

Not in great length to be honest.
Put it this way in the past year rumours have hit press about bullying and unprofessional conduct about Villa staff as well as the club being put up for sale long before the club confirmed the news itself.

Villas attendances down considerably. Whilst performances contribute hugely so too does the message from the club. Of which there has been none.
anything to do with Roy Keane??

Status
Not open for further replies.