Biggest blue you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy Gregory missed 2 game since 1953 and one of them was because he got left at the services
Iv heard this story but the sums dont add up, he would have been going to away games as a baby and European aways in the 60s as a young boy when no Everton fans travelled to the likes of upjest dosza and valarenga.....he is a top blue though as are a few of the blue house lads

One blue isn't better than the other. I've met fans who think they are above you and have this air about them just because they went to this game abroad or that game. It doesn't and shouldn't work like that. A lot of people are restricted financially and spending £500 on a European trip just isn't justifiable for them or in a u way affordable. They could have families or they could be at a point in life where they are saving for the future, mortgage.

I could go to every game but not have a clue about football, there's people like that. If being a good blue is based on knowledge of football and knowing how the game works then Im a good blue just like the majority of members on this site.

Depends what is defined as biggest Blue. Out of my circle of friends who are Blues(not many) I'm probably the one who goes to the most games and spends more time researching daily news and knows my history.

Would I compare to some of the more local lids on here, certainly not, a lot of you have family history of being Evertonians. I am first generation Blue in my family but I have passed it on to nephews, who have passed it on to their kids. Which makes me proud.

I don't mind being called a Wool, I'm not from Liverpool but Liverpool is my second home where I spend more time than any other place than home, not just the match. I don't have a class rating system, if I meet a Blue we talk Everton, not that arsed how many matches they've been to.

I " know", loads @Cena is a massive blue, @johnnydawg68 travelled half way across the world to see people he never knew to see a team that he shouldn't even have heard of in recent history.

But anyone who chooses or is chosen. Is a bit special in my book, special mention to people like @GoatJR who gets it at a very young age, also lids like @SerenityNigh @Elong @rascal who all are really massive blues.

The biggest blue I've got to admit is @MoutsGoat he is fking huge.

In my eyes the only reason stopping a lot of people going is lack of money. I'd go to every game if I had the money, yes I've got a season ticket but the cost of some aways is ridiculous and the fact sky mess around with the times makes it difficult as well.
So when you think about it its quite hard to determine how big a blue someone is, everyone would go every week if they could afford it wouldn't they?

That's if your classing a blue on how many games they go to or the effort they put in to get to them.

Probably my old man. Went to almost every home & away from about 1980 to when I was born in 95, got me a season ticket when I was 4 or something then started taking me all the aways as soon as my ma would let him a year later. Only stopped because he has to be on call for work 3 out of 4 weekends a month. Still has a season ticket, like. Good blue.

It's funny because if you ask him about major dates in his life he'll always say "we were playing Arsenal at home that weekend..." or "yeah, Villa away that was..."

Good blue.

Could name loads what go everywhere an have been for years, People what say no fans better than the other the ones go week in week out. Go anywhere they play are 100% better fans than anyone else

Who hasnt slept in 10 years looking 24/7 for investment for everton?

Who cries in heartache and pain when we sell our best assetts for millions of pounds to keep us solvent season after season?

Who works so hard yet doesnt make a single penny ? (take no notice of the 120+ million price tag and the huge profit from any sale)

Answer these 3 questions to find the biggest blue ..... or the biggest crock of crap.

Think it's about who's willing to make the biggest relative sacrifice, really. Like Kenwright was willing to mortgage the mortgage on his second mortgage. But some people can't afford that and make different sacrifices. My grandad, for example, sacrificed his wife. She was actually fine with him going the match, but he decided to kill her anyway. Because he was a blue.

My uncle Terry systematically undermined his son for seventeen years by sarcastically exclaiming "Excellent point you made there, genius" after everything he ever said. He wasn't a big enough blue to murder anyone, but he did what he could.

I'm not as big a blue as that. Sometimes I go to country parks and scream in the faces of small woodland creatures, but I can't compare to the proper blues. Only yesterday a mate of mine put a straw up a frog's bum and blew (blue) as hard as he could. Proper blue, him.

Anyone know Paddy McGrath?

70s veteran, original ESCLA member when he lived in that London.

Returned home to his native Belfast in the 80s and for the next twenty years hardly missed a match, home or away.

He finally moved to Liverpool about five years ago and to this day is to be found at every first team and quite a few youth games.

I first came across Paddy in the old Westminster Pub....then we moved to The Elm Tree over the road.

Paddy became a regular in the Blue House then The Wilmslow when the former closed.

After the latter's demise Paddy moved on to the Royal Oak and he now travels to away games on a chara from that pub, organised by another contender for "biggest blue", the legendary Big Barry Murray.

Sadly, I don't travel away much these days.....one match on a London weekend when visiting my sister per season or the odd trip to a Wigan or a Burnley....but I miss all those guys I used to come across all over the country.

Paddy and Barry obviously....and other good lads like The Reverend and The Growler from ESCLA, Brian King and his mob from around Maghull, Pat Conneely from London, Stephen Burns from Belfast, John Appleyard from near Coventry, Big Dave from Leicester.

The unforgettable Cockney John, one tough sonovagun who pulled us out of many a scrape when teds from Chelsea or Hammers tried to get nasty back in the 70s and 80s :)

Oh, happy days when I was young, carefree and happy (i.e. before Mrs. K and K juniors came to dominate my life).

Great thread, Chico.....;)

Any of you younger lids whose all fella was a travelling fan in that era.....mention a few of those names and I bet they will some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.