BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
'...for a deal of its type'. What a strange announcement.

When I read the article it says

"The arrangement, which officially begins on June 1, will also see Umbro take over as sponsors of some of the club’s grass-roots initiatives".

I'm not sure what that actually looks like, but perhaps this is different from the Nike/Chang deal?

Also Umbro are committed to making kits for fans in more sizes;

"...will include sizes in all ranges and available for men, women, juniors, infants and babies, something which was an important part of the deal according to Elstone."

Which Nike were not obliged to do and it upset a lot of fans. I think from memory the club had to order in batches of 10,000 for each size and would'nt sell that many in certain sizes, like baby kits. I know a few lads who are 3XL and 4XL, so hopefully this is good news or them as well.

"Everton have given no details of the financial aspects of the agreement but the ECHO understands it to be a club record for a deal of its type."

What does that mean? Why are they being so coy about it?

You know the answer to that. Every team and it's dog get millions for kit deals and sponsorships. We always get thrown a few bob and told to be happy with it........

When I read the article it says

"The arrangement, which officially begins on June 1, will also see Umbro take over as sponsors of some of the club’s grass-roots initiatives".

I'm not sure what that actually looks like, but perhaps this is different from the Nike/Chang deal?

There is something about this deal that's different, that's for sure. It's described as "a new technical partnership," so I wonder if Everton have been able to somehow circumvent the restrictions of the Kitbag deal by bundling other things in?

I don't know. That's mostly wishful thinking on my part.

That pic going around is a modified picture of this Rangers shirt:
A011P_SP771_05_FQ05A

I reckon Umbro and the club are going to go ultra-conservative with this kit. After the mess of Badgegate, they won't want to produce anything remotely controversial.

Hopefully it'll be something timeless and classy.

Just seen the video on Everton TV. Bobby is the ultimate PR man...."everyone is excited to wear umbro....to play good you need to look good".

Personally, I think we should play in black shirts and tan boots

"Everton have given no details of the financial aspects of the agreement but the ECHO understands it to be a club record for a deal of its type."

What does that mean? Why are they being so coy about it?

We got 3mill from le couq at the same time as the kit bag deal was announced as far as my memory goes, so 3.1 mill prob! Let's be honest if it was a good deal it would be in the public domain.

I'd really like something like the 2nd kit from this picture.

I deffo prefer Blue and White to Blue and Yellow. It is possible for an Everton kit to be too white though...

4 but with 1's pinstripes

Last edited:
Exactly...which is to say not decent at all. No wonder they're running shy of announcing figures. Red faces all round again. They must have dreaded the day they had to advertise this new deal with a new kit supplier because it opens old wounds they want healing up.

Hmmm Davek hijacks yet another thread to propagate his anti-board message.

Status
Not open for further replies.