Match Thread Arsenal vs Everton - Preview, Discussion, Match Report & MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This will be one of those games that highlights the huge gulf in class that exists in the league.
Almost top, against a team still comfortably outside relegation despite 8 points deducted and a couple of months without a win in the middle of the season.
It won’t be close, but there are teams far worse than us still.

If Arsenal are still in the race it could be a nervy one for them against a team who knows how to defend.

Often these last day games with something riding on them are tight and tense.

I could see us making hay in that environment.

If Arsenal are already out of the race, I think it’s a harder game for us because they’ll still want to finish in a high but without the nervous tension.

Some people are on the pitch, they...
Arsenal lose by 3 and City win...
Well I won't list all the permutations, because I'll probably get one wrong or miss it out

So let's take it one game at a time - and see where we are tomorrow

Given our away record down there - Where's Wayne Clarke when you need him?

Still, records are made to be broken and, as was nearly said - a week is a long time in football

Edit; Permutations notwithstanding both teams have potential nailed on home wins as their last game, just sayin like.

Last edited:
Away at Arsenal last game of the season... The writings been on the wall for this one since we kicked off against Fulham in August. Thank the Lord there is absolutely nothing riding on it.

Ddnt expect anything from this weeks ago when i predicted what we may do in the last set of games. and still dont, even if we won every game 5-0 lol. Probably be around the usual 4-0 ish. Hopefully we get a shot or 2way, (and on target)

I honestly think we're going to get spanked.

We've got nothing to play for and they NEED this.

3 or 4 to the Arse.

I don't think I care all that much for this game anyway. Would be great if we take anything from them but our job is done and the point has been made. Happy we got our final home win of the season.