Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fuming at him the other day, calmed down a bit now but he just seems to not do the simple things when that's all that's needed. At least he puts in effort, but needss something to sort his composure/final ball out.

I was fuming at him the other day, calmed down a bit now but he just seems to not do the simple things when that's all that's needed. At least he puts in effort, but needss something to sort his composure/final ball out.
He needs to get on the ball and not be afraid of making mistakes. That's the way you get the best out of these players. He might turnover the ball a number of times before he does something significant; but you have to accept it. His manager feels that way, and that's to be applauded.

Surprised at people here. He's Aiden McGeady. He's always been capable of moments of brilliance but for the most part frustrates. His whole career has been like that so it's unlikely he'll change with just 'a little bit more time.' Of course he'll settle more but there won't be a drastic improvement.

There's nothing wrong with that though. He'll have some fantastic moments for us and can be a game changer at times. Not many players can say that. If it's not his day then just bring on someone else.

he does exactly what it says on the tin, dont know why we are disappointed as people have said hes always been the same, same reason i cant understand the rs being disappointed about ballatelli hes been the same all his career. a leopard cant change his spots

Regardless of whether or not a player is poor, or in a current bad patch of form, I never, ever understood why "supporters" felt the need to let a player know something that they no doubt are already aware of.

Just utter stupidity in my opinion when it comes to verbally hammering your own players. Opposition players? Yeah, by all means. Our own? Never makes sense under those circumstances.

To be fair mate I don't think there's not a football fan in the country who has not had a go at their own players, its the nature of the sport, we all get wrapped up in the game if your watching on tv or the ground you just get emotionally involved, watching the game the other night I was shouting like a loon at the screen, poor grandson thought his granddad was about to burst a blood vessel. Its so frustrating when a professional football cant pass a ball an other players feet without it going 3 yards behind him, or pas a ball in front of a player who is running forward and not behind him, so you end up screaming at them telling them how the games played. We all do it, long may we all continue to do it.

Surprised at people here. He's Aiden McGeady. He's always been capable of moments of brilliance but for the most part frustrates. His whole career has been like that so it's unlikely he'll change with just 'a little bit more time.' Of course he'll settle more but there won't be a drastic improvement.

There's nothing wrong with that though. He'll have some fantastic moments for us and can be a game changer at times. Not many players can say that. If it's not his day then just bring on someone else.
Exactly. There's no use bemoaning the fact he doesn't run 15km per game and have a passing success of 98.4%, which seems to satisfy a lot of people. He's what the Scots use to call a 'tanner ball' player. Great feet and can produce skills. He's not turning into James McCarthy any time soon.

I've never seen McGeady change a game. Ever.

He's gash. I'm sorry, but he is, stop trying to tell yourselves he's not.

Exactly. There's no use bemoaning the fact he doesn't run 15km per game and have a passing success of 98.4%, which seems to satisfy a lot of people. He's what the Scots use to call a 'tanner ball' player. Great feet and can produce skills. He's not turning into James McCarthy any time soon.

We're not expecting him to turn into James but he needs to offer something to the team, his role is to create and score. Sometimes his final ball is naïve. Its just not clicking for him.

We're not expecting him to turn into James but he needs to offer something to the team, his role is to create and score. Sometimes his final ball is naïve. Its just not clicking for him.

Stats from the OS regarding our attacking players this season so far...

McGeady: 1 goal; 1 assist; 7 chances created
Mirallas: 2 goals; 0 assists; 7 chances created
Naismith: 4 goals; 0 assists; 6 chances created
Lukaku: 3 goals; 1 assists; 4 chances created
Pienaar: 0 goals; 1 assists; 3 chances created
Eto'o: 1 goals; 0 assists; 2 chances created

He's perfectly respectable in that company.

There's a lot of tosh talked about no end product and wastefulness of McGeady. Basically people are seeing what they want to see.

Stats from the OS regarding our attacking players this season so far...

McGeady: 1 goal; 1 assist; 7 chances created
Mirallas: 2 goals; 0 assists; 7 chances created
Naismith: 4 goals; 0 assists; 6 chances created
Lukaku: 3 goals; 1 assists; 4 chances created
Pienaar: 0 goals; 1 assists; 3 chances created
Eto'o: 1 goals; 0 assists; 2 chances created

He's perfectly respectable in that company.

There's a lot of tosh talked about no end product and wastefulness of McGeady. Basically people are seeing what they want to see.

Thanks for the stats, just shows that he could be much better then he is, for me he is not a key player yet and I have concerns he wont become one, but like you said his stats are ok compared to the rest of our attacking players. There something missing for me, just waiting for him to click.

Can't believe people are having a go at mcgeady but pienaar gets off scott free. I'm getting sick of Pienaar throwing himself to the ground all the time. he does nothing in the games these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.