Advice for a US traveler to Goodison Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvertonFury19

Player Valuation: £1m
Hello friends,

Was hoping for some advice on how to best acquire tickets if I were to go to England sometime next spring. I primarily will be there for vacation but would love to take a day trip from London to Goodison Park to watch an Everton match. What is the best way to acquire a ticket at a good rate?

Also any advice on what to do, see, etc. in England would be very much welcome!

Stub hub is also a source of tickets. Travel from London to Liverpool by train is worth researching carefully but there are loads. TV games won't be decided for the Spring for quite a while so match dates not absolutely cast in stone.

Hello friends,

Was hoping for some advice on how to best acquire tickets if I were to go to England sometime next spring. I primarily will be there for vacation but would love to take a day trip from London to Goodison Park to watch an Everton match. What is the best way to acquire a ticket at a good rate?

Also any advice on what to do, see, etc. in England would be very much welcome!
I'll sort you a ticket mate and book a train at a cheap rate for you if you know what game you are going 3 months in advance . I travel from London to every home game

Stub hub is also a source of tickets. Travel from London to Liverpool by train is worth researching carefully but there are loads. TV games won't be decided for the Spring for quite a while so match dates not absolutely cast in stone.

I am worried that I will end up booking my trip (because of flight costs) at a time where Everton won't be playing at home or I just wouldn't be able to get a ticket.

Check the fixtures http://www.evertonfc.com/match/premier-league-football-fixtures.html

Of course these are subject to change due to TV dictating what is important in football.

Only one certain home game in March but three in April. Who knows what the cups may bring?

Good luck with it.
Coach is giving good advice. You just have to give some room for manoeuvre. You will get a ticket for most home games if you are on the ball with booking as soon as they go on sale and/or having for everton membership and/or checking stubhub etc. arsenal was sold out last week but I got an excellent seat for my son just two days before game. Don't leave it to the last minute but be organised and persistent too.

Coach is giving good advice. You just have to give some room for manoeuvre. You will get a ticket for most home games if you are on the ball with booking as soon as they go on sale and/or having for everton membership and/or checking stubhub etc. arsenal was sold out last week but I got an excellent seat for my son just two days before game. Don't leave it to the last minute but be organised and persistent too.

Very good advice, much appreciated.

Did this exact trip last Feb. train from Euston was reasonable and took about two hours, book as far in advance as possible to get good rates on the National Rail website. Stayed at Hilton near Baltic Fleet (my favorite pub by far). See the Docklands and shopping nearby. Ask about navigating the bus system to Goodison (fairly easy from memory but needed some help).
Thinking about another February trip to include a European visit (hoping they are still in Europa League). Anyone with thoughts on my chances of getting away tickets?
Where are you coming from Fury19? I'm in PA.

Did this exact trip last Feb. train from Euston was reasonable and took about two hours, book as far in advance as possible to get good rates on the National Rail website. Stayed at Hilton near Baltic Fleet (my favorite pub by far). See the Docklands and shopping nearby. Ask about navigating the bus system to Goodison (fairly easy from memory but needed some help).
Thinking about another February trip to include a European visit (hoping they are still in Europa League). Anyone with thoughts on my chances of getting away tickets?
Where are you coming from Fury19? I'm in PA.

Thanks for the suggestions. Worth staying in Liverpool for a night or better to train back to London where I will be probably staying?

Coming from the D.C. area.

P.S. Looking at the fixtures, it's looking likely that I would go to either the Burnley game or try for Man U although that could be difficult to pull off don't you think friends?

P.P.S. How do the seat arrangements work at Goodison Park? I see the rows are alphabetized - are the beginning letters (ABC, closer to the pitch or further away?)

Thanks for the suggestions. Worth staying in Liverpool for a night or better to train back to London where I will be probably staying?

Coming from the D.C. area.

P.S. Looking at the fixtures, it's looking likely that I would go to either the Burnley game or try for Man U although that could be difficult to pull off don't you think friends?

P.P.S. How do the seat arrangements work at Goodison Park? I see the rows are alphabetized - are the beginning letters (ABC, closer to the pitch or further away?)

Man U is do-able if you go with Thomas Cook and book the ticket / Hotel package, or Burnley for that matter, as the sign up for new season tickets has been immense, thus limiting the available spare tickets. But presumably being sponsors they will get a decent selection, pick up at ground on the day or in the week if you are there then ( print out downloaded confirmation )
The game(s) may be moved from Sat to Sat evening, to Sunday or even Monday evening which might play havoc with the trains ( with a couple of weeks notice ) by whim of Sky, because they can. But Thomas Cook know this and will switch I think check the FAQ's or at HQ's
We (mrs degsy and I ) went to the Hotel Indigo, nice enough, city centre, handy for all the pubs and bars you might need ( can't speak about restaurants and fine dining in the city ) and the all you can eat ( more or less ) English Breakfast is the perfect antidote for liquid over indulgence.
I do recommend the ground tour, booked on line 10 pound per person Fridays 11.00am - 1.00pm
Taxis to the ground are plentiful, but when 40,000 come out all at once a bit scarce.
We went from the local station Moorfields I think on the train / bus package 5 pound each return. The trains are on a time table, but regular enough and the buses are a convoy, when it's full it leaves.
You could do a lot worse... and the ticket is a cert, no hassle, no internet arranged exchanges, no scalping.
Best case would be come down on the train Friday do ground tour, the match goes ahead Sat. afternoon, out in the city centre Sat night go back sunday lunch time -ish.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.