A lone Evertonian, alone no more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezzrow

I follow football to regulate excess serotonin.
Last night was quite an experience. Let me give you some context. Btw, this is going to go on for a while, so move on if you don't have the time or inclination.

I am from the land of SEC football and folks who are considered knowledgable if they are aware that Chelsea dresses in blue while ManU is kitted out in red. My first life's experience of seeing a match surrounded by evertonians was last night. It was beyond wonderful.

First, from the stewards to the bizzies, to the regular guy in the pub, everyone was just so NICE. Spent the trip on the soccer bus on the way over talking with other arl arses about things Everton and how I came to be where I was and why. Some were amazed to see this guy from Florida who knew who Dixie was, others not so much.

Spent several minutes by Dixie's statue with some stewards helping get the tickets sorted with which box office to go to for what, and actually got sorted out perfectly in an Old School manner in minutes. Walked thru Walton checking out the yout swilling lager in the McDs parking lot, and the seemingly dozens of pubs packed out to the curb (whoops, kerb) with those prepping for the game. A certain WUM gave me a reason to trek to the Thomas for a brew, where I got to see young men doing shots in front of some orange girls while conversing with very dialed in youngsters sporting blue jerseys and football knowledge. It was very comfortable, actually.

Then, back to Goodison, in the turnstile, up the stairs, up the escalator to the aerie of the top balcony, where we were packed in elbow to elbow, toes to bums with folks peering over the edge to our favorite perfect pitch. Hearing Z cars, seeing the intro, hearing the snap of the sound of the Gwladys Street hitting my ears like a well placed left cross, and watching our heroes bury a pretty good Wolfsburg side, we'll... What do you think. How good was it? It was the pure sex, that's what it was. Pointed out Bobby's brown brogues to my love, and heard her say "you know, this is so much better than what we used to get at the Jags games".

Back to the bus/train and back to central city. Crashed in a heap after our unique 36 hours since walking out our door in JAX.

As Joe Jackson once sang back in the day, "it's a big world, with so much to do". Finally, a lone Evertonian was no longer alone.

Last night was quite an experience. Let me give you some context. Btw, this is going to go on for a while, so move on if you don't have the time or inclination.

I am from the land of SEC football and folks who are considered knowledgable if they are aware that Chelsea dresses in blue while ManU is kitted out in red. My first life's experience of seeing a match surrounded by evertonians was last night. It was beyond wonderful.

First, from the stewards to the bizzies, to the regular guy in the pub, everyone was just so NICE. Spent the trip on the soccer bus on the way over talking with other arl arses about things Everton and how I came to be where I was and why. Some were amazed to see this guy from Florida who knew who Dixie was, others not so much.

Spent several minutes by Dixie's statue with some stewards helping get the tickets sorted with which box office to go to for what, and actually got sorted out perfectly in an Old School manner in minutes. Walked thru Walton checking out the yout swilling lager in the McDs parking lot, and the seemingly dozens of pubs packed out to the curb (whoops, kerb) with those prepping for the game. A certain WUM gave me a reason to trek to the Thomas for a brew, where I got to see young men doing shots in front of some orange girls while conversing with very dialed in youngsters sporting blue jerseys and football knowledge. It was very comfortable, actually.

Then, back to Goodison, in the turnstile, up the stairs, up the escalator to the aerie of the top balcony, where we were packed in elbow to elbow, toes to bums with folks peering over the edge to our favorite perfect pitch. Hearing Z cars, seeing the intro, hearing the snap of the sound of the Gwladys Street hitting my ears like a well placed left cross, and watching our heroes bury a pretty good Wolfsburg side, we'll... What do you think. How good was it? It was the pure sex, that's what it was. Pointed out Bobby's brown brogues to my love, and heard her say "you know, this is so much better than what we used to get at the Jags games".

Back to the bus/train and back to central city. Crashed in a heap after our unique 36 hours since walking out our door in JAX.

As Joe Jackson once sang back in the day, "it's a big world, with so much to do". Finally, a lone Evertonian was no longer alone.

Great post.

Made up you enjoyed it.

One thing.....please 'splain "SEC" and "JAX".

SEC is the Southeastern Conference, which is the premier league of American college football. Alabama, LSU, Florida Gators, Ole Miss, Georgia, Auburn, etc, etc...

JAX is Jacksonville Florida, my dearly beloved home.

Ah, Isuspected the latter was an airport....like LAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.