Billy Kenny, our Gerrard - mismanaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
Anyone else wonder what might have been if this lad wasn't allowed to go down the wrong road?

I remember him playing in the derby and he completely ran the midfield. First young player I can remember breaking through and taking the piss ala Rooney.

He sprayed balls 30 yards left and right, dominated a very good Liverpool midfield too. Damn shame.

He looked top draw in the Derby, completely dominated the game. He only played for us around 20 times. What a waste.

Anyone else wonder what might have been if this lad wasn't allowed to go down the wrong road?

I remember him playing in the derby and he completely ran the midfield. First young player I can remember breaking through and taking the piss ala Rooney.

He sprayed balls 30 yards left and right, dominated a very good Liverpool midfield too. Damn shame.

This lad had everything goin for him till he got mixed up in things he shouldnt have got mixed up in. In the games I seen him play in I couldnt find fault with him. He reminded me in a way of McMahon. It is a crying shame and I was gutted when the end came way too early for him. He played 17 games for us and 4 for Oldham. He had the makings of a truly great player.

Last edited:

Yeah, but he wasn't like Billy Kenny. This guy was awesome. Would love to see some footage of him playing. YouTube is out, anyone got any ideas?

Yeah, but he wasn't like Billy Kenny. This guy was awesome. Would love to see some footage of him playing. YouTube is out, anyone got any ideas?

Maybe someone got that derby match mate. Must be footage somewhere. Cadamarteri wasnt in the same league as Kenny.

Maybe someone got that derby match mate. Must be footage somewhere. Cadamarteri wasnt in the same league as Kenny.

I agree there. Cadamarteri couldn't control a ball and lived on that crest of a wave which is a derby goal.

Kenny, was just incredible, very good talent. He's 35 now. Damn shame.

It was the 92/93 season if I remember rightly.

Yep, real football tragedy he went down the road he did. His dad played for us too I think. Sharp tried to get him back on the straight and narrow at Oldham, but no chance. The lad wasn't having it. Would love to see that Derby performance too. I heard a rumour his brother ran over a rednose in his car in town once!

Status
Not open for further replies.