777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's another angle to consider here too, although many will be unsympathetic toward it.

The Guardian and Telegraph and Mail have a duty of care to their sources, and even if the Esk is a willing contributor to their articles he is - when all is said and done - a fan who has his interests in club finances. He doesn't have a national newspaper to hide behind to insulate himself from some of the more insulting behaviour that messengers recieve. He's a private individual. Those newspapers should exercise some common sense. The Esk is used to doubters, for sure. But these matters can escalate with the greater risk (perceived or otherwise) to club stability.

In short: the media are scum, and they'll leave the likes of the Esk high and dry once they've used them.
I wouldn't disagree with your opinion of the media. However if you put your head above water and consistently make out you're an itk type at such a critical time and for something as emotive as this, and you also willingly go along with the 'expert' label, people do tend to remind you when things you say turn out to be not quite right.

If the resultant pressure, abuse or whatever begins to affect the individual, which I think is what you are getting at, then the solution is really quite simple.

As we speak the Ultra's are blocking the bus for the players of our team. Everybody is fed up with this scam of 777.

A forfait because of the players being held to go to a game by their own supporters. I think this only happened in Argentina or Brazil before, but now also in Belgium.

But we all understand the anger, the grief, the frustration of many.

I hope the bottom is reached now. Oh, it's our 125 th anniversary year by the way .... we were founded in 1899. :'-(

There's another angle to consider here too, although many will be unsympathetic toward it.

The Guardian and Telegraph and Mail have a duty of care to their sources, and even if the Esk is a willing contributor to their articles he is - when all is said and done - a fan who has his interests in club finances. He doesn't have a national newspaper to hide behind to insulate himself from some of the more insulting behaviour that messengers recieve. He's a private individual. Those newspapers should exercise some common sense. The Esk is used to doubters, for sure. But these matters can escalate with the greater risk (perceived or otherwise) to club stability.

In short: the media are scum, and they'll leave the likes of the Esk high and dry once they've used them.
He's made his bed, if they throw him to the wolves so be it.