777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course but they are at different points along the journey. I think the article in the Guardian was spiced up deliberately, considering the points deductions, relegation battle etc etc. it fuels the whole thing. Do I blame them, no, but it isn’t being entirely truthful. But heck truth went out the window in so many ways with all this debacle.

I read the headline and article again. As long as their source is correct about the advisers, I don't really see the issue. The club is technically insolvent, or at least will be when the MSP extension expires.

Do I think MSP will call the loan due and force administration? No, it likely doesn't make a ton of sense.

Why is it?
‘The Guardian understands that Teneo – a global financial advisory firm with a large insolvency division – has been approached to advise Everton and its directors.’

I’d not the same as ‘Everton call in insolvency advisors’.

It’s like saying we’ve called in insolvency advisors when we’ve engaged with delloites to do our auditing.

‘The Guardian understands that Teneo – a global financial advisory firm with a large insolvency division – has been approached to advise Everton and its directors.’

I’d not the same as ‘Everton call in insolvency advisors’.

It’s like saying we’ve called in insolvency advisors when we’ve engaged with delloites to do our auditing.

Well they aren't advising on our geo-political risk or management practices.

Fair point however after June is into the next accounting period and will still be counted to next years PSR. Feel we may have learned a lesson with rushing the Richarlison deal and losing out on at least 10m. Suspect this summer will be about getting the right price than getting it done ASAP

On July 1st, any player sales fall in to the next accounting year though. Or in other words, players sold on or before June 30th will count in to the next set of our accounts presented to PL.
IF we are close to the wind again, it may well be someone like Onana is sold pdq after the final whistle.
I expect quite a few clubs may have to do similar

I read the headline and article again. As long as their source is correct about the advisers, I don't really see the issue. The club is technically insolvent, or at least will be when the MSP extension expires.

Do I think MSP will call the loan due and force administration? No, it likely doesn't make a ton of sense.
Look at how Teneo present themselves. Do they present themselves as an insolvency firm on their website front page? No. Do they handle insolvency, yes. Did we contact them regarding insolvency, it seems we did not. The Guardian picked up on the one thing that would cause gasp, shock horror in their headline and stir the pot.

Look at how Teneo present themselves. Do they present themselves as an insolvency firm? No. Do they handle insolvency, yes. Did we contact them regarding insolvency, it seems we did not. The Guardian picked up on the one thing that would cause gasp, shock horror in their headline and stir the pot.

Yes but look at their other services. It's clear why we've engaged them.

On July 1st, any player sales fall in to the next accounting year though. Or in other words, players sold on or before June 30th will count in to the next set of our accounts presented to PL.
IF we are close to the wind again, it may well be someone like Onana is sold pdq after the final whistle.
I expect quite a few clubs may have to do similar
100% correct, my point is we are in this PSR gig for another 2/3 years until we sort wages and commercial revenue. Instead of panic selling JB for 45m or onana for 30m it’s also in our best interest to hold out for a correct bid