777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don't know why but, I have this funny feeling in my gut that the stadium build is going to go tits up mate. Not lose it like but work stopping and everything at a standstill.
I can’t see it. It’s months til completion and less than a Branthwaite still to pay. By hook or by crook it’ll get over the finishing line.

Don't know why but, I have this funny feeling in my gut that the stadium build is going to go tits up mate. Not lose it like but work stopping and everything at a standstill.

That won’t happen. Investing in players has proven a bad investment. The ground is another matter entirely. It’s physically going to exist, it will generate revenue and it will increase in value as an asset in a wonderful location. Moshiri will ensure the ground is built as this is his only guaranteed asset…imo obviously…….

But this is why reinsurance firms in the past have not invested those premiums in illiquid, risky and/or cash burning businesses. I would also assume they have little or no recourse should a company like ACap want to close out their position.

It was always disingenuous of them to state they invest their own money in these acquisitions, it was never their money.
Except that 777re is the reinsurer for ACAP!!! It’s a sketchy situation. Ultimately ACAP is so invested in 777 that they won’t push any default that they can avoid or restructure.

Except that 777re is the reinsurer for ACAP!!! It’s a sketchy situation. Ultimately ACAP is so invested in 777 that they won’t push any default that they can avoid or restructure.
And they’ve lent 777 affiliates cash directly, which it seems like they are foreclosing on (planes), or they’re able to use that collateral to unwind their reinsurance positions to get back into acceptable risk parameters.