Could losing 4 nil to Liverpool be the greatest thing that ever happened to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Stan

Player Valuation: £750k
Bizarre title to this thread, i agree. But having mulled over the game for a solid day or so now, and thought about the result in a every angle imaginable, i've finally come to the conclusion that losing 4 nil to them ********s is actually exactly what we needed! In fact, i'd like to thank Liverpool FC for inspiring us to finish in 4th place this season and in doing so claim a spot in the European Champions League, and here's why.

Going back to the Arsenal game, the match which really made people stand up and take notice, the match which made pundits actually believe Everton are worthy of Champions League football, we were superb on the day. It proved that we really do have a manager and players 100% capable of finishing Everton top of the league, as isn't that exactly what Arsenal are? They didn't play bad. We were just awesome. And we most certainly at least matched them on that day!!! We had become potential title contenders!!

Now, since that game if we look at our performances, the only word which springs to mind is COMPLACENCY! Yes, we beat Fulham 4-1, but not only are they worse than awful, they actually gave us a scare and could easily have gotten back into it. Why? COMPLACENCY! We then went off as cocky as anything, in our last game to complete an entire year without a home defeat, and we lose to the team bottom of the premiership. Again, not because of a lack of quality, but due to utter complacency. We beat Swansea, Southampton and Norwich with, lets face it, less than dazzling performances (not bad, but not great), while we barely managed a last minute draw against a Stoke side that "the pool" smashed 5 past. Moreover, we drew against West Brom in a game in which we looked totally awesome in the first half but then conceded poorly again thanks to a second half display which once again exuded total and utter complacency!

Now, last night. The night which made all us blues suffer an acute dose of severe depression. The reason we lost?... A GIGANTIC FOOTBALLING BIOFILM FILLED WITH ABSOLUTE COMPLACENCY!!!... We went out there wearing boots that were clearly several sizes too small for us, we jogged and pranced about, and we conceded 4 goals which could easily have been more against the ONE TEAM we really can't deal with being beaten by, especially beaten BAD by.

The implications of such a defeat on our fans', our players' and our manager's psyche against any other team would have some effect of course, but losing to Liverpool like that will stay with us until the very moment we exact our revenge! Before every game we play now until the end of this season, we will remember. We will not forget! COMPLACENCY AND EVERTON WILL NO LONGER COINCIDE! We will go into every game now knowing the only way we can get our vengeance, is by finishing ahead of those <insert expletive here> in the league. And then we will finish ahead of them again, and again, AND AGAIN until losing 4 nil last night becomes a long and distant memory that we will all look back on fondly as the game that kicked us up the ass and drove us on to glory!!!

I feel bad for Villa. I feel bad for any team that has to play us between now and the end of the season. Because as of today Everton are back!!!

Everton lost 5 nil to Liverpool at Goodison Park in 1982. History has a tendency to repeat itself. Look how Everton got on in the 80s after that. Everton wanted vengeance then and by God we will want vengeance now.

So i'll say one last time, thank you Liverpool FC for now ridding us of that one thing that was holding us back.. complacency! You have unleashed the Everton revenge seeking beast! And we will get it! We will finish ahead you and we will one day in the not so distant future win that one trophy you just wish you could your hands on. Give us a few years with this manager and this core group of players and we will win the premiership before you. Oh yes, revenge will be sweet! And you only have yourselves to blame!

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!!! b)

Sweet Baby Jesus.

R1xFczD.gif

Bizarre title to this thread, i agree. But having mulled over the game for a solid day or so now, and thought about the result in a every angle imaginable, i've finally come to the conclusion that losing 4 nil to them ********s is actually exactly what we needed! In fact, i'd like to thank Liverpool FC for inspiring us to finish in 4th place this season and in doing so claim a spot in the European Champions League, and here's why.

Going back to the Arsenal game, the match which really made people stand up and take notice, the match which made pundits actually believe Everton are worthy of Champions League football, we were superb on the day. It proved that we really do have a manager and players 100% capable of finishing Everton top of the league, as isn't that exactly what Arsenal are? They didn't play bad. We were just awesome. And we most certainly at least matched them on that day!!! We had become potential title contenders!!

Now, since that game if we look at our performances, the only word which springs to mind is COMPLACENCY! Yes, we beat Fulham 4-1, but not only are they worse than awful, they actually gave us a scare and could easily have gotten back into it. Why? COMPLACENCY! We then went off as cocky as anything, in our last game to complete an entire year without a home defeat, and we lose to the team bottom of the premiership. Again, not because of a lack of quality, but due to utter complacency. We beat Swansea, Southampton and Norwich with, lets face it, less than dazzling performances (not bad, but not great), while we barely managed a last minute draw against a Stoke side that "the pool" smashed 5 past. Moreover, we drew against West Brom in a game in which we looked totally awesome in the first half but then conceded poorly again thanks to a second half display which once again exuded total and utter complacency!

Now, last night. The night which made all us blues suffer an acute dose of severe depression. The reason we lost?... A GIGANTIC FOOTBALLING BIOFILM FILLED WITH ABSOLUTE COMPLACENCY!!!... We went out there wearing boots that were clearly several sizes too small for us, we jogged and pranced about, and we conceded 4 goals which could easily have been more against the ONE TEAM we really can't deal with being beaten by, especially beaten BAD by.

The implications of such a defeat on our fans', our players' and our manager's psyche against any other team would have some effect of course, but losing to Liverpool like that will stay with us until the very moment we exact our revenge! Before every game we play now until the end of this season, we will remember. We will not forget! COMPLACENCY AND EVERTON WILL NO LONGER COINCIDE! We will go into every game now knowing the only way we can get our vengeance, is by finishing ahead of those <insert expletive here> in the league. And then we will finish ahead of them again, and again, AND AGAIN until losing 4 nil last night becomes a long and distant memory that we will all look back on fondly as the game that kicked us up the ass and drove us on to glory!!!

I feel bad for Villa. I feel bad for any team that has to play us between now and the end of the season. Because as of today Everton are back!!!

Everton lost 5 nil to Liverpool at Goodison Park in 1982. History has a tendency to repeat itself. Look how Everton got on in the 80s after that. Everton wanted vengeance then and by God we will want vengeance now.

So i'll say one last time, thank you Liverpool FC for now ridding us of that one thing that was holding us back.. complacency! You have unleashed the Everton revenge seeking beast! And we will get it! We will finish ahead you and we will one day in the not so distant future win that one trophy you just wish you could your hands on. Give us a few years with this manager and this core group of players and we will win the premiership before you. Oh yes, revenge will be sweet! And you only have yourselves to blame!

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!!! b)
Just read this title and instantly thought this poster must be Roberto Matrinez with that kind of quote.

Martinez claims to learn more from a defeat. He will have a PhD after last night.

Exactly!

This is why i'm so positive we will be immense for the rest of the season. I can just feel it!

Obviously there will be plenty on here after seeing us lose 4 nil to Liverpool who'll think i've potentially suffered a stroke (perhaps i have after yesterday!!) but i just feel really positive now. Martinez is a clever man, he WILL learn from this which only be a massive plus for the team! I am very confident after that defeat we will have a fantastic end to this campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.