Everton 3-3 Liverpool. 23rd Nov @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have wrapped that up. Matrking was a joke for that Sturridge goal. The Coutinho one is almost understandable given it's so early in the game and players are sorting themselves re opponents, but that Sturridge one was criminal.

Still, as said. we were the dominant more attacking and progressive team and \Liverpool are lucky to get a share of the spoils there today.

Notice has been served on those bastards today: we are coming for three points every Derby from now on.
We reverted to hiding in our shells in the last 5-10. There are still hallmarks of a Moyes team there, but overall extremely promising. I think it will suit is being the away team in the next meeting tbh, Anfield will be more of an indication of where we are at. Refreshing to see all out attack with the Delofrufru for Baines sub as well. Plenty of positives.

What a game.

First impressions...frustrated that we din't close the game off. But also impressed that we came back twice, never lost our philosophy and played much better than i thought we would.

Barkley, mccarthy and barry were good. Was dissapointed in distin giving that free kick away in the end...so stupid. I like sylvin, but i think he is the one that stands out in this system...his distribution isnt good enough.

Brilliant to see delofoeu, mirallas, barkley, pienaar and lukaku all on at one point.

Positives ...outplayed a pretty decent livepool side for long periods, barkley stepped up again, mccarthy makes us tick. Created plenty of chances...clear cut ones at that.
Negative. Poor defending on first and third goal. Also think howard's positioning was suspect for the free kick...from that far out i think the gk can stand pretty centrally, was way too far over.

I think the thing that sticks with me is when martinez said something along the lines of 'i'ts all well and good winning games, but you have to know how you win them'...might not have won today but there's a much better system in place to win games moving forward. Over the course of the season i think we might be pleasantly surprised where we end up.

Not as dissapointed in that as i was when we came back from two v nil down last year. Even though they bagged a last minute equaliser. Things lookg godd for rest of the season.

Just a quick one Dave. I STILL don't see this attacking McCarthy. Never going to be a goal scoring central midfielder. Excellent sitter though who can drive forward on the odd occasion. 50p foot

I just think it's the way Martinez rolls. He'll use two defensive cms. I'm sure if that nice Mr Kenwright gives him a load of money he'll go out and get a top box-to-box player to mix the way we play up a bit.

What's with that ridiculous goal celebration from Sturridge? I know he usually does that but ****ing hell, you score the equaliser in the last minute of a derby and you go and do that silly dance?

Also they really do like running half od the pitch and celebrating in front of our fans when they score, classless [Poor language removed] as usual. Although to be fair I can understand why they won't celebrate in front of their own fans, they're ugly as [Poor language removed].

I have to say after we made it 3-2 I really thought we were going to win it and they would get what they deserved for once, so quite disappointing to concede that equaliser. Was already picturing the scenes at the final whistle had it stayed 3-2 although my voice was pretty much gone by that point. I really should know better, ffs Everton. Still very proud.

We reverted to hiding in our shells in the last 5-10. There are still hallmarks of a Moyes team there, but overall extremely promising. I think it will suit is being the away team in the next meeting tbh, Anfield will be more of an indication of where we are at. Refreshing to see all out attack with the Delofrufru for Baines sub as well. Plenty of positives.

I dont know mate. After coming from behind twice and then going in front, I think it was understandable the players would think that they could see that out last few minutes or so. Psychologically it was natural. I defo dont think it was instruction from martinez to do that, btw.

Deulofeu: for me still best left on the bench to impact, but getting there bit by bit for a start. Also still needs to get his head up and pick a pass. There is no escaping that fact.

Today showed we won't lie down and be bullied in these games anymore

We fought back twice and took the lead which shows a lot about this side

Also love Kev going through that rat, How many times have we been on the other end of those

What's with that ridiculous goal celebration from Sturridge? I know he usually does that but ****ing hell, you score the equaliser in the last minute of a derby and you go and do that silly dance?

Also they really do like running half od the pitch and celebrating in front of our fans when they score, classless [Poor language removed] as usual. Although to be fair I can understand why they won't celebrate in front of their own fans, they're ugly as [Poor language removed].

I have to say after we made it 3-2 I really thought we were going to win it and they would get what they deserved for once, so quite disappointing to concede that equaliser. Was already picturing the scenes at the final whistle had it stayed 3-2 although my voice was pretty much gone by that point. I really should know better, ffs Everton. Still very proud.

He's a prick, and proves it with that nobhead routine.

The antithesis of class...like all their lot.

I dont know mate. After coming from behind twice and then going in front, I think it was understandable the players would think that they could see that out last few minutes or so. Psychologically it was natural. I defo dont think it was instruction from martinez to do that, btw.

Deulofeu: for me still best left on the bench to impact, but getting there bit by bit for a start. Also still needs to get his head up and pick a pass. There is no escaping that fact.
I think a little more head and a little less heart is what's required for us to take all 3 points in games like this. Blood and thunder is all well and good if there is an element of control. That was true of our passing and build up, but our defence was a little agricultural at times and it put us under pressure around our own box, which they've scored from. This is if I'm being truly pedantic though. I was very impressed with defensive distribution and the way we committed players with our passing today to make space up the pitch. Long may that continue.

Joe Allen.

The Welsh Xavi.

iFUwPqhrllTM5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.