New Everton Crest

• I Like It

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • I Hate It - Everton please reinstate the previous crest

Votes: 462 94.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm confused that they didn't approach the fans on the forums about this, or spread the badge between Twitter and could have got feedback.

If I remember precisely the 'original' badge was designed by Theo Foley, it took him a half hour on the back of a ciggy packet or similar. In those few moments he designed a work of art envied by many other clubs. What half blown idiot designed this modern monstrosity, who asked for it and WHY! To me it smacks of some money making moron looking for ways to screw us fansrcardrcardrcardrcardrcard(n)

I don't hate the new badge on its own merits but I voted against it because I just don't see why it should be changed. I loved the old one and what it stood for.

Anyone who says nothing can be achieved by fans protest read this:

coventry-city-elephant-logo.jpg

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/YOU'V...ors+back+down+in+face+of+fans'...-a0127409505

From the Coventry Evening Telegraph, January 15th, 2005:

Byline: EVENING TELEGRAPH COMMENT

FANS of Coventry City were celebrating today after winning their battle to save the football club's badge.

The board of directors announced last night that a new design would be scrapped in the wake of an unprecedented protest from supporters.

The climbdown produced the biggest cheer so far this season from the terraces - a resounding victory for the people who really matter, the fans themselves.

Hundreds of them had written to the Evening Telegraph in protest. Thousands more had voted against the new badge on our website.

The Evening Telegraph is proud to have supported their protest. And today we congratulate them.

But we also give credit to club chairman Mike McGinnity and his fellow directors. Yesterday we urged the board to listen to the protest, and that is exactly what they did. The directors were man enough to admit they got it wrong and, despite the cost involved, this controversial new club emblem is today where it belongs - in the waste paper bin.

We say well done to the fans for standing up and making their views known. And we thank Coventry City Football Club for taking notice.

This is a victory for the diehard supporters, who support the club through good and bad. But it is also a victory for common sense.

The lesson to be learned for the directors of Coventry City and every other football club is clear.

The lifeblood of any club is the fans - they are the people who really matter.

All of that could easily apply to us.

Will the Liverpool Echo be supporting any fans protest do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.