The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich again tonight...boom another player in and this is the first team we run into.

Fer £4.5 million
Hooper £5 million
Martin Olsson £2.5 million
Nathan Redmon £3 million
Ricky van Wolfskinel £8.5 million

Total: £23.5 million

Even taking into account sales of Holt & James Vaughan, it's in excess of £20 million

Southampton

Wanyama £12.5 million
Dejan Lovren £8.5 millon
Luke Shaw signs a 5 year deal

£21 million

Cardiff
John Brayford £2 million
Cornelius £7.5 million
just put £9.5 million bid in for Capoue. If that goes through...

£19 million

I could go on. Well done Everton

Why are people obsessed over who other clubs get in ffs, does my nut in

Don't think anybody is "obsessed" by other clubs' transfer maneuvers, but it is alarming the rate and quality at which some of these "lower" teams are strengthening their squads.

Why are people obsessed over who other clubs get in ffs, does my nut in

Happens every year mate. Then the professes of imminent doom come.

The transfer window like that Pokemon game for some, everyone's arsed about what everyone else has got. Supposed stats and that swapped and compared. Players that look boss on youtube but seldom turn out that way.

As it stands we've got far better than most. Let's see how it rolls.

The transfer window like that Pokemon game for some, everyone's arsed about what everyone else has got. Supposed stats and that swapped and compared. Players that look boss on youtube but seldom turn out that way.

remember the fume when we decided against forren and were cursing because soton got him instead.

0 appearances later and a transfer back to norway and not a whisper of him on here

Yet all these players coming from these different leagues might flop completely.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I couldn't be more arsed what other teams do.

Fer £4.5 million
Hooper £5 million
Martin Olsson £2.5 million
Nathan Redmon £3 million
Ricky van Wolfskinel £8.5 million

Total: £23.5 million

Even taking into account sales of Holt & James Vaughan, it's in excess of £20 million

Southampton

Wanyama £12.5 million
Dejan Lovren £8.5 millon
Luke Shaw signs a 5 year deal

£21 million

Cardiff
John Brayford £2 million
Cornelius £7.5 million
just put £9.5 million bid in for Capoue. If that goes through...

£19 million

I could go on. Well done Everton

I understand your frustration, and god knows i'm frustrated too, but those clubs have only recently come up and have wage totals far lower than ours despite similar incomes. That is where i'd bet this extra income is coming from, but the longer they become established in the premier league and make those kind of signings, the more their wage bill will creep up and the less disposable money for transfers they'll have. Hell, if we somehow managed to cut our wage bill by £20m plus per season to their level then we'd have money for transfers as well

Amen brother and amen to Stevo27. People seriously need to chill the **** out. If we start the season with what we have currently got then thats just how it is. If we sign a couple more then great. But lets see how it pans out first. Ffs we signed 4 players in a week which on its own merit is a Blue miracle. Other teams may have signed good players but maybe we weren't in for them, maybe we are skint, maybe we have other targets. Lets just chill out and see what happens, no need to freak out over who everyone else signs unless someone has a crystal ball and can confirm that we are well worse off and are ****e and up **** street with 3 weeks or so before the start of the season.

I understand your frustration, and god knows i'm frustrated too, but those clubs have only recently come up and have wage totals far lower than ours despite similar incomes. That is where i'd bet this extra income is coming from, but the longer they become established in the premier league and make those kind of signings, the more their wage bill will creep up and the less disposable money for transfers they'll have. Hell, if we somehow managed to cut our wage bill by £20m plus per season to their level then we'd have money for transfers as well

Amen to this post as well. Reason those teams have spent what they have is because they were basically ****e to begin with. No big deal is it really, teams trying to establish themselves in the league are gonna start doing that and have to start paying premium wedge. Posts like yours a common sense so folk just need to bookmark it and see this is how it rolls.

I can understand why people get frustrated. It wasn't too long ago that Evertonians were dismissing the players that Tottenham and Man City were buying, but now both of those clubs are comfortably ahead.

I still think the likes of Norwich and Southampton are a few years behind Everton, but the lack of spending is going to catch up eventually.

I can understand why people get frustrated. It wasn't too long ago that Evertonians were dismissing the players that Tottenham and Man City were buying, but now both of those clubs are comfortably ahead.

I still think the likes of Norwich and Southampton are a few years behind Everton, but the lack of spending is going to catch up eventually.
spot on that, clubs are moving forward at an alarming rate, not surprised there are concerns we could be left behind. this season is so crucial

I understand frustration in them signing players but as mentioned, wages may be a big factor and other factors as well. For them its spend or suffer relegation and their owners are better of then Bill ffs.

But the fact remains, with all these squads lower than us strengthening, were still better than them. People also seem to forget that they may flop, they may not gel straight away or may even get a serious injury. It's not about what money players cost either, its about how they play AS A TEAM, which is something we are very good at.

(Referring back to Chico) Sometimes even the level 70 Pikachu can defeat a level 100 Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.