Could you guys possibly answer a few questions ahead of derby game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenLFC

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi folks,

I am a member of the RAWK forum & we run a weekly article called Spyin' Kop were we interview opposition fans. If possible could you answer a few questions? Cheers in advance.

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans?

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield?

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons?

Which of your players have been your best players this season?

Anybody not performed as well as you'd have expected?

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year?

Looking further ahead of Sunday, how do you see both teams doing this season?

What are your best memories of a Merseyside derby?

What about the worst memories you have?

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes?

Are there any Liverpool players you are worried about ahead of the game?

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now?

Good luck Steven, I hope you get the replies your after..
For what its worth, I have enjoyed watching Being: Liverpool.. I will avoid slating anyone before a Derby ( as it will bite me on the ar*e ), but Reina comes across as a sound fella !

And Im worried about the Ref more than any of your current players.

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans? I highly doubt there will be any form of vile chanting.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield? Not great let's be honest. Style would probably be ace if you had a decent finisher up front.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons? New faces, less injuries

Which of your players have been your best players this season? Baines or Fellaini for me.

Anybody not performed as well as you'd have expected? Howard, but improved recently

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year? Thanks for bringing that up. Not bothered about the COC to be honest.

Looking further ahead of Sunday, how do you see both teams doing this season? Top 6 for us, top 10 for your lot IF you get a decent striker in january, if not then...

What are your best memories of a Merseyside derby? Gosling winner in 118th minute, happy days

What about the worst memories you have? Too many to count. Clattenberg one makes me fume the most though...or the Semi-final...or the 3-0...

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes? Probably a more defensive minded side, as per. And I would choose a more attacking side, obviously. Keepin' cards to my chest...

Are there any Liverpool players you are worried about ahead of the game? Suarez and his antics

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now? No chance, I'll take a win thank you very glad.

There ya go.

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans?

I'm too young to really have experienced the friendly derby.Even though I'm not from Liverpool a lot of my friends are Liverpool fans, one of which is coming with me to sit in the Upper Gwladys, it's a shame that I have advised him not to wear any colours but a new generation of fans are coming through and as the Liverpool brand is growing ever bigger and more and more people unaware of the history from outside the city go and watch them the derby is becoming more of a spiteful affair.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield?

Tricky first few games to say the least, WEst Brom away to start and people started to write them off however I for one am a keen admirer of the baggies and feel that Liverpool will be comfortably in the top 10 come the end of the season.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons?

We need to kick on and win a few more games now. Drawing 3 gets the same points as losing 2 and winning 1, it just looks a bit better as you're 'unbeaten'. To not win at Wigan or QPR has shown how our form has dipped in recent weeks. As Moyes says, rate our start after ten games. There hasn't really been one 'major' difference, however signing mirallas and naismith before the deadline day may have had a part to play in it.

Fellaini has been highly praised and rightly so. Baines is another usual suspect who has been playing well. I'm very fond of Mirallas, and he's adapted to the English game well, I feel he is an invaluable asset not least because he is so versatile.

Distin and heitinga at the back have both had fairly poor starts. We seem to be leaking goals over the past few weeks, allowing Newcastle, Wigan and QPR to score against us has cost us some valuable points.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995. With that in mind, how did you feel when David Moyes fielded a weakened side in the League Cup and the subsequent defeat to Leeds? Do you not think he could have treated the competition like Liverpool did last year?

I feel it was frustrating, however the whole game was frustrating. The conditions were horrible which suited Leeds, coupled with the fact Diouf had a blinder and it was just a depressing night out.

Both have the capabilities to go onto really challenge for the top four.

Danny Cademateri seeing as it is the first I can remember watching. More recently, the Dan Gosling derby was special.

Last year's semi final, in the club wembley in the liverpool end. Nearly cried when Carrol scored.

So looking ahead to the game itself, what side do you think David Moyes will select, and if different what side would you select if you were in his shoes?

The side depends on who's fit. Gibson and Fellaini will walk back into the starting 11, Mirallas will probably be pushed out wide left and Coleman down the right wing with Hibbert at right back if fit.

Gerard enjoys doing well against us and Suarez can never be left alone.

Finally, Liverpool have a very good record in recent Derby matches. Taking that into account, and weighing it up against your good start and our indifferent start, how do you see the game going? Would you take a point if offered it now?

At home and if the only player out is Pienaar, I'd be unhappy if we didn't get all three points on paper. However, it is Liverpool and we normally don't play like we should against them.

Before we get to any 'on- pitch' matters, I'd firstly like to take this opportunity on behalf of the members of RAWK for the support and tributes that Everton showed regarding the Hillsborough Independent Panel's findings. Your club and it's supporters were magnificent. With that being said, do you see the atmosphere at the derby changing at all in light of the recent events? I'm sure we'd all like to see the return of the 'Friendly Derby' and see an end to some of the pretty appalling chants sung by both sets of fans? -

i didn't have any doubts about the hillsborough thing tbh, we are a great club and i wouldnt of expected anything else, nor would i expected much different from your fans if it was vice versa.

What have you made of Liverpool's start, and what do you feel about Brendan Rodgers and the style he is trying to implement at Anfield? -

tbf you did have quite a tough first few fixtures, but you were shocking at the start of the season but it has looked like you have picked yourselves up and will probly beat us on sunday and kick start your season.

In the past few years, Everton have seemed to start their league campaign slowly, yet this year (from the outside looking in) you seem to have started pretty well. What do you think has been the major difference between this season and previous seasons? -

i think one of the main factors was bringing in pienaar on a permanent deal. we all knew how much of a difference he makes and so did the players, kevin mirallas is also the type of player we have missed and gives us another option on the right wing instead of just pienaar and baines for 90 minutes.

fellaini has had a few outstanding games and a couple of poor ones, i will go with the usual suspects of pienaar and baines. gibson was also brilliant untill he got injured. jagileka is up there too.

heitinga has had a few poor games when he has played and considering he was our player of the year last season i'll go with him.

yes, he goes on about how desperate he is to win silverware and tbh it was very suprising because he normally fields very strong teams for cup competitions even against lower opposition.

i can see us finishing above you lot. i think you are in desperate need of a good finisher, we found ours in jelavic and i dont think you can rely on suarez he is a good player but a poor slotter. i think the europa league will take its toll on your players and considering suarez is your only fit striker, you might struggle for goals. i can see us pushing for 4th place but then just falling a bit short but i do think and hope we can get in the european spots.

only quite young so there haven't been much! I will go with the cahill equaliser at the road end and the 3-0 win at home.

What about the worst memories you have?[/B]

were to start. semi final. 3-0 gerrard hat trick. the 0-2 at goodison last season with bucktooth up to his usual tricks. and of course the clattenburg derby.

with pienaar banned i would shift mirallas on to the left wing and play naismith on the right. not sure whether or not moyes might go with gueye/oviedo on the left and keep mirallas on the right, we'll have to wait and see.

suarez, brilliant footballer, brilliant nobhead. gerrard also steps up in the derbies and i have also been impressed with sterling and think he could cause us a few problems.

i can see the usual inferior complex coming into it and we will bottle it as per. these types are games are generally won in midfield which is why the thought of neville and osman together in a CM pairing doesn't excatly fill me with confidence.

Not too bothered about the rivalry at the moment, I used to be a few years ago, but there is no point abusing eachother. Whether there will be chants at Goodison on Sunday, I highly doubt it - then again every club has idiots.

I thought it was a strange decision to hire Rodgers, yes he played some great football with Swansea but he hadn't exactly proven himself to take over a European club. Liverpools football has improved greatly, but - thanks to the shambles of your transfer deadline day - you aren't going to have a great season this season. I think Rodgers needs about 3 years to have a team he can be confident in, but I don't think your owners will be patient enough in all honesty.

We have had a great balance this season. Not only do we have Baines and Pienaar on the left, we have Coleman and Mirallas on the right. With Fellaini in the centre behind Jelavic. I really can't remember a time when we have had such a good balance.

Fellaini at the very start, the past few matches he has faded abit though, if he plays in the Derby im sure he will step up. Other than Fellaini, Jagielka has probably been the best in my opinion, some fantastic performances.

I don't think Howard has had a particularly good start to the season, and Distin/Heitinga havn't looked as solid as Jagielka at the back, which is strange because last season they were both fantastic.

In all honesty, and im not saying this because we have been knocked out, i'm not really that arsed about the League Cup - I mean who remembers League Cup winners? Its the FA Cup which is the big one, and we have slowly been making improvements in that competition over recent years.

Everton and Liverpool will be in a battle for 5th along with Tottenham. At the moment, I see Everton being 6th and Liverpool 7th though, depends who Liverpool bring in in the January transfer window really! Liverpool with an actual finisher could be very difficult to beat.

2 obvious memories stand out, the first was the 3-0 derby, it was the first Derby I had went to where we had won by such a good amount. Tim Cahill and Andy Johnson on the score sheet, fantastic day.
And 2nd who could forget the Dan Gosling Derby, fantastic celebrations

Clattenberg when he didn't send Kuyt off, and Lescott got wrestled to the ground. ****. Also, the semi final last year was horrible. It was typical Everton where we went ahead and then went defensive. It was horrible to lose like that and then even worse to drive home 4 hours in silence.

Moyes will play Neville in the DM role rather than Heitinga. If it were me, i'd play Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Heitinga, Fellaini, Mirallas, Osman, Jelavic. Shame Pienaar can't play!

Yeah Suarez, tricky player and I can imagine him being able to get past Baines/Coleman quite a few times (not Jagielka/Distin though!) and I'm worried about him because this is the perfect game for him to win a penalty. Seriously, if PaddyPower had a bet special of "Everton to have a player sent off, when Suarez dives in the dying minutes to win a penalty which is then scored" I'd be putting quite alot on it.

If a point was offered now, I wouldn't take it. I think we will more than likely lose as we normally do, but i'd take the risk of losing for a win, rather than just settle for a draw. This is the type of game that keeps Evertons momentum going - or alternatively kick start Liverpools season. But our team is weak, Fellaini is a doubt, Gibson is a doubt and Pienaar is banned - all of them are vital to Everton and they will be a big loss, and sadly we don't have the players to replace them, so we have to rely on players like Neville - who just arent good enough - or atleast in midfield - anymore.

Idiots will be idiots and we both have them, in spades, hopefully the atmosphere will be "friendly", but and honestly, try not to take this the wrong way, but if your players, namely Sewerz and stevie starfish start diving and cheating, then things could take a nasty turn, not in anyway saying its right, its not, but just my feelings.

Made up with the start Brenda has made, I think Brenda is a terrible Manager and hopefully he will continue to prove me right.

No idea, we are as shocked as anybody, Fellaini is making a big difference

Neville and Osman, LoL, I kid, I kid, Fellaini has been superb and Baines, is Baines.

Heitinga

I think he picked a side more than capable of beating Leeds, they got an early goal and we played like clowns, deserved win, they wanted it much, much more.

Think we will stay around 5th for most of the Season and probably finish 7th as normal, personally I think your looking at 8th again.

AJ 3-0, Carlsey 1-0

86, 89 Cup Final

I think we will play Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Mirallas, Neville, Osman, Oviedo, Fellaini, Jelavic, I would switch Fellaini for Neville and Mirallas for Fellaini and put Naismith Right Mid, he will work and work all day.

Gerrard, always frigging Gerrard

No I wouldnt take a point, HOW VERY DARE YOU, no idea how its gonna go, on paper and clearly im biased, we should spank you 5-0, but its the Derby and you clearly have the voodoo sign on us.

Hi folks,

I am a member of the RAWK forum & we run a weekly article called Spyin' Kop were we interview opposition fans. If possible could you answer a few questions? Cheers in advance.

Depends how the games going really... and if Suarez dives.

Rodgers is an okay manager but Liverpool is a big step up for him so time will tell really. He comes across as a bit of a tit in the media though and I can't help but feel that he has an undue sense of worth. The football is a bit boring tbh and I hate this "philosophy" ****e as well. The style can be effective with the right players like but Liverpool do not currently have them.

The first few games were great. The loss of Gibson hurt us like and we haven't really looked too good since if I'm being honest. So no big change really, we had a full squad to pick from in the opening games and since we picked up a few injuries we've been below par. Seeing how we continue from here will test our mettle.

Baines has been his usual quality self. Fellaini is always a threat but can be nullified in AMC if the right tactics are employed by physical opponents. Guess we'll have to wait and see if he plays and if he does, whether Liverpool can stop him.

Heitinga has been lacklustre and sloppy really. Not as impressed as other with Mirallas. Howard has been dodgy but in the last couple of matches has picked up his performances with no glaring errors.

We are in no position to look down on any trophy, since that's what the game is all about, winning trophies. The team still should have had enough about them to win but we were poor, they wanted it more and the conditions weren't ideal so... hopefully just win the FA Cup instead!

In and around 6-8th positions.

Kevin Campbell scoring the winner whilst surrounded by Kopites. Gosling scoring in the last minute... I hate penos!

McCallister. The ****. Semi last year, a pathetic performance typical of Moyes in a derby really.

Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Hibbert, Neville, Osman, Mirallas, Coleman, Fellaini, Jelavic. Hopefully if Gibson's fit, swap him for Neville but Neville is nailed on to play every game this season so that's more out of hope than expectation really.

Gerrard isn't the force he once was... nor does he seem too comfortable with the style of football Rodgers is implementing... but you can guarantee he'll turn up for this one. Suarez as well, despite being a ****, is a very tricky player and we'll need to be wary of him. Sterling too.

Negative tactics from Moyes. Could be quite a drab affair although he had Rodgers' number at Swansea so Liverpool's lack of a good plan B could play a part. Nah, I wouldn't take a point, I'm greedy.

Hi folks,

I don't think Hillsborough has been used by the majority of supporters of Everton for a very long time or ever even, although there will ALWAYS be the odd group of idiots who spoil the occasion.

A poor start, but hardly surprising when you look at your attacking situation. I used to think Brendan Rodgers was alright at Swansea, but since he's taken over as Liverpool manager and has been given far more media attention he's come across as an utter bulb. Don't think that i'm saying that just because he's Liverpool manager either, it honestly feels to me that he's trying to emulate Shankly in the way he speaks about the club, and i find it incredibly cringe worthy. The scene with the three envelopes had me howling, great motivation from shark face.

I think we've got the strongest squad that we've had in a very long time, but other than that i'm at a bit of a loss to explain our form so far. We've always had a team capable of putting in good performances, this just happens to be the first season in a while which we have started correctly.

Fellaini and Baines are without a doubt our two best players and have been for some time.

Heitinga.

I don't blame Moyes for that result as much as i blame the players. The League cup is one of the few opportunities you get to give fringe players a run in the team, and the side we put out that day was easily strong enough on paper to get past Leeds. The performance was dire.

Looking further ahead of Sunday, how do you see both teams doing this season ?

I think you'll struggle until January, and then your movement in the transfer window will have a big effect on your season as a whole. 18 of your 47 league goals last season were scored by players who have now left the club or are out on loan. With Borini injured until December or January i think you're going to struggle to put the ball in the net enough to beat your 8th place finish from last season.

I'd say we're in a good position to qualify for European competition of some sort via the league. We need to strengthen again in January and hope that injuries are on our side.

Watching Reina drop the ball onto Johnson's head at Goodison.

The 3-0 and 2-1 defeats last season.

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines
Coleman Neville Osman Mirallas
Fellaini
Jelavic
I would swap Fellaini with Osman.

Gerrard, Suarez and Sterling. That Suso looks a dangerous player from what i've seen of him too.

I'd never take a point in a Goodison derby because i think it's a shocking way to think. We've no doubt got a team capable of beating you but Moyes' derby record is atrocious, so i wouldn't be shocked to see a win, loss, or draw.

Hi folks,

Nah the friendly derby is dead and tbh I blame your legion of fans who really have no idea about the history of the two clubs. Walking past the kop at last seasons derby and getting stared out and muttered at by a group of matching tracksuit wearing scandenavians was probably the last straw. I'd like to see a return to it, and in my early days on this forum I actually kind of campaigned for it, but I dont think it will.

It's not been the best has it? Although by all accounts you've been playing some decent football in patches. Much needed home victory against Reading, I think if that had ended up 0 0 there would have been some discontent settling in. Sterling looks a really good player. You need someone up with Suarez though. Letting Carroll go when you only had Borini (who lets face it has done nothing even before getting injured) was a strange one. He would have caused us problems aswell, as he's proved in recent derbys.

Literally no idea. I suppose we have Jelavic and Mirallas from the start so that's strengthened us. Oh and apparently the Nike 'swoosh' puts us 1 goal up before we've even played. According to our PR team. So that's obviously a bonus. ON a serious note, I think we believe we have a really good side. Some of the football has been brilliant, although that seems to have dropped off a little bit recently, just in time for the derby YAY!

Fellaini for me. Fingers crossed he's back and fully fit. We're not as good without him simple as. Bainsey has also been great. The usual suspects really.

Tim Howard and John Heitinga. I really rate both, but both have dissapointed so far. T How doesnt have any competition and Heitinga was rightfully dropped after having a terrible 45 minutes against Wigan. I'm sure he'll come back strong though. Tbh I hope he plays against you lot. We dont really have an abundance of snidery in our side (apart from Fellaini) to counteract your divers, snarlers and referee harrasers, and Heitinga is the perfect player to have the odd sneaky shirt pull or the odd word in the ear.

I didnt really blame Moyes tbh. Including Francisco Junior in central midfield on a cold Tuesday night away in Leeds for his first ever minutes of first team football was a little bit of a strange one, but the rest of the side was fairly strong. We should have played much better than we did. Yeah, tbh I'd jizz my little boxies if we won the carling cup- that's how desperate it got. In that sense I am frustrated. But now we can concentrate on challenging for Europe. The Europa League that is, as I'm not getting carried away with this top 4 nonsense. It wont happen.

I think you'll have a ressurgence and do OK. I think it will be fairly similar to last season with both teams finishing anywhere between 5th and 8th.

Has to be the AJ 3 0. Oh goodness me if I wasn't in a room with my family I would have wipped it out and started windmilling. What a moment.

Clattenburg derby, or the 3 0 away last season. Both terrible. The first for being so blatently fixed (there's a reason he was suspended for a year and isnt allowed to ref at Goodison again) and the second because we were just so horribly poor.

The side I would select (if Gibson is fit):

Howard
Neville(Hibbert) Jagielka Heitinga Baines
Mirallas Osman Gibson(Neville) Oviedo
Fellaini
Jelavic

The side I think Moyes will pick (again if Gibson fit):

Howard
Hibbert(Neville) Jagielka Distin Baines
Coleman Gibson Osman Neville Mirallas
Fellaini
Jelavic

Suarez and Gerrard. Standard. But that Sterling guy if he plays would defo trouble whoever we play at right back whether it be Nev, Hibbo or Coleman.

If I'm honest, I feel we should be beating you, especially at home. On the contrary, we are a little bit **** at derby's so I'll take a draw going into it.

I think you'll win though. I really do. *rapes cat in fury*

I seriously doubt it. When a guy named Luis Suarez plays against us, I can't be friendly towards your team and I think many Evertonians sees that in that way as well.

I wasn't surprised that you had a shocking start. You sold quite a lot of players and you replaced them with almost nobody. You are still in a relegation form in the year 2012, but seriously I think these youngsters can make a job for you. I don't like style which is Rodgers trying to set up and I still think he will be out of Liverpool really soon, he doesn't have abilities needed to manage a club like LFC.

No injuries and new faces. Gibson, Mirallas, Pienaar and Jelavic were all really amazing bargain buys by Moyes.

Marouane Fellaini, Leighton Baines, Kevin Mirallas, Phil Jagielka

John Heitinga, Sylvain Distin

I think that squad was still capable of beating Leeds, but an early goal in a wrong goal completely changed the game. That cup for me means very little and I don't really have any worries that we are out of it.

I think we are going to seriously battle for an European place in 5th-7th area, you probably should be in that battle with us as well.

Dan Gosling goal win

Well, it has to be all last year's defeats with your side

DM side: Howard - Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines - Osman, Neville - Mirallas, Fellaini, Gueye - Jelavic
My side: Howard - Coleman, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines - Osman, Fellaini, Neville, Gueye - Jelavic, Mirallas

Luis Suarez, even his finishing is compltely shocking, I think he will sadly have a great game against us and I seriously hate the idea of him scoring us a goal.. Then you have that two youngsters Suso and Sterling, they are looking quite dangerous from what I have seen.

I want to Everton win every game they play. Only a point means that you have lost 2 points somewhere. That won't be different on Saturday. Only thing I want? 3 points.

*rapes cat in fury*

scaled.php

This cat?

Of course we would support the Hillsborough stuff, our friends and relatives were involved in the tragedy too. I don’t think we will ever have a totally friendly derby anymore, its got nothing to do with the clubs etc, its just people these days are a lot nastier. Away from the ground its fine though.

I think he is a complete fraud and I am absolutely amazed that he is in charge of a club as massive as Liverpool. His style of play involves passing a ball to a player in the same coloured shirt. Its hardly ground breaking. The start is about right, Liverpool do not have a good squad these days.

We got players in early. I also think our cancelled trip to Thailand has helped us stay fresh for the start of the season. A big win on the first game of the season always helps kick start things too.

Fellaini has been immense. Pienaar returning has also made a huge difference. Jagielka has done well.

Probably Jelavic. He hasn’t been bad or anything but hasn’t started firing just yet.

Not really. Our second string should have enough to beat Leeds. Playing weakened sides in league derbies annoys me more.

Role reversal of the past few seasons I reckon. Everton will stay up and around the top four but end up around 6th. Liverpool after a slow start will gradually push on and come in a place or two behind in 7th or 8th.

Joe Royles first game in charge where we won 2-0 and the dogs of war era begun.

Ian Rush scoring 4, The Clattenburg derby.

Phil Neville should not be in midfield. I don’t care how many injuries we have he just shouldn’t be there. I would like to see Oviedo start in place of the suspended Pienaar.

Luis Suarez for two reasons. Firstly he is a cheat, but secondly he is also a very good player. Gerrard is obvious.

Usually I would take a point but if we cant beat this current Liverpool side then we may as well not bother in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.