What is the solution to our main problem? (performing under pressure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dholliday

deconstructed rep
We're all loving these 4-goal games and that...but we're also still suffering from that niggling feeling that we're not doing it when it matters most.

We know what the problem is: we don't perform well under pressure. Under pressure meaning:

- the start of the season
- big games, especially six-pointers or essential cup games
- games in which we're not the underdog

We know we have good enough players and even tactics to do better (better meaning top-4 and winning a cup), our perennial 2nd-half-of-season form proves we are capable with the current squad.

So what's the solution? Is there no solution?

bedeviling question. Bolweevils in my head. You realize of course, that if we figure out the beginning to the season we will become known for our end of season collapses. Not fair to say we choke, because the other cup run (what a lonly phrase) saw us coming up trumps at all points. The pressure was on for the 1/4 at sunderland, yet we killed it. Moyes ****s it against Liverpool and **** teams. I think that's it.

Not fair to say we choke, because the other cup run (what a lonly phrase) saw us coming up trumps at all points.

We were boss during the early rounds with the pressure off, yes. But we were awful in the semi. If the Ref hadn't bottled it when we gave away a pen, we'd have lost there then too.

I think I'd make them attend the boot camp from the start of full metal jacket. private hibbo would go mental, try and shoot the drill instructor from 3 yds and still miss.

New number 2? Have you gone mad?? Hibbert is quite possibly the best footballer to grace that number in the history of earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.