Gibbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubey

Allardyce Out
Just a quick mention for Darron Gibson - I don't think many people appreciate what he offers.

Yes, he seems spectacularly average, but what he does is give a solid platform for others to attack at will - hence why Fellaini was up the right end of the pitch for the Jelavic goal.

He plays centrally instead of defensively and that means the whole play moves up ten yards all over the pitch and allows us to press teams. With the Rodwell and Fellaini combo, they both end up playing on top of their own centre halves and we rely on hoofs or wing play to attack, which is easily figured out by the opposition.

So long live Gibbo, in my books. Simply because with him in the side, there's balance, which is key.

Fellaini was playing upfront, thats why he was able to set up the goal, but yeah, Gibbo does a job and he does it well.

I like the lid, he does go missing at times, but just cos hes not on the ball doesnt mean hes not still doing his job.

Just a quick mention for Darron Gibson - I don't think many people appreciate what he offers

Yes, he seems spectacularly average, but what he does is give a solid platform for others to attack at will - hence why Fellaini was up the right end of the pitch for the Jelavic goal.

He plays centrally instead of defensively and that means the whole play moves up ten yards all over the pitch and allows us to press teams. With the Rodwell and Fellaini combo, they both end up playing on top of their own centre halves and we rely on hoofs or wing play to attack, which is easily figured out by the opposition.

So long live Gibbo, in my books. Simply because with him in the side, there's balance, which is key.

Because Neville sat behind him.

Fellaini was thrown up front. Again.

We relied on Baines and Pienaar massively today down the left.

Still not awed by what he did. 1st half he wasnt even there it seemed.

I saw what he did today.

Does all the ugly stuff. Was brilliant.

So important. He's not a world beater but until we can upgrade him he'll do.

No surprise we won today after he comes back.

Missed the second half but I'll hazard a guess he was understated yet dominant today after the break?

Because Neville sat behind him.

Fellaini was thrown up front. Again.

We relied on Baines and Pienaar massively today down the left.

Still not awed by what he did. 1st half he wasnt even there it seemed.

You won't be awed by him mate. He's not spectacular. And never will be.

I've not seen it with him but mentioned in the match thread today what a good game he had. Worked hard and was disciplined in his positioning and used the ball well, he looks to spread the play on the attack which is something we lack. Always looking for a forward pass in the second half.

Good game, need to see more of that from him.

So he has what, 6? Appearences with us unbeaten. Before that he had 18? with ManU. I liked his through passes and that shot was really good. Good movement. Young. Like I said in the other thread, I thought he was badly Henderson when he joined us but he has quickly proven me wrong.

What's an understatement ? He's a pretty bog standard PL midfielder really. He's never going to be top drawer.

Was just agreeing with him..

But there's some gushyness over him today. Maybe its the win...

I know no one is making out to be Zidane so I should just lay off him a bit

Was just agreeing with him..

But there's some gushyness over him today. Maybe its the win...

I know no one is making out to be Zidane so I should just lay off him a bit

He isn't scared to try to be creative without overstepping his mark. A couple of through balls today, if they'd had a foot more pace on them we'd have been in. He also got stuck in and broke things up nicely. That's all I ask of him. Therefore, he had a cracking game imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.