Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fromage sur le pain grillé, s'il vous plaît

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole

Player Valuation: £15m
It's March 14 2012. The day's papers have been full of eulogies for Moyes's ten years at Everton. You bump into a grim faced Moyes in a pub and get him talking. He tells you that he's not in the job for the money, he's always believed that he can take Everton forward and win trophies, but that recently he's been questioning himself and wondering whether he should make this his final season at the club.

What do you say to him ?

I'd tell him to find that spark an reignite the passion in this club, it's all been stale this season for lots of different reasons, i think more positivity like we saw glimpses of in Fulham would do us all a world of good.

Moyes is our best option right now, i believe he will be around for much longer as he still has a job to do, i just hope we see some change in the board so he can go to waitrose instead of netto for his squad.

It's March 14 2012. The day's papers have been full of eulogies for Moyes's ten years at Everton. You bump into a grim faced Moyes in a pub and get him talking. He tells you that he's not in the job for the money, he's always believed that he can take Everton forward and win trophies, but that recently he's been questioning himself and wondering whether he should make this his final season at the club.

What do you say to him ?

I'd ask him if he's happy for polls to appear without a "Cheese on Toast" option for us fence sitters to perch on. Obviously "Cheese on Toast" would be one of his options !

If pushed, I'd say, unless he knows he's going to get some investment then "Yes" he should move on and see if he can find
a new challenge where he's got a fighting chance of winning something. If he doesn't then he'll probably regret not having a go.

I'd tell him to find that spark an reignite the passion in this club, it's all been stale this season for lots of different reasons, i think more positivity like we saw glimpses of in Fulham would do us all a world of good.

Moyes is our best option right now, i believe he will be around for much longer as he still has a job to do, i just hope we see some change in the board so he can go to waitrose instead of netto for his squad.

Agreed. Passion costs nothing. Having said that, bashing your head against the wall over the lack of investment is bound to give a headache.

Of the current squad though there are not too many who I don't think should not be here next season. Neville being the only one I think (he should be given a coaching role)

I've said it before though, the best re-shuffle Moyes can make is to bring back Irvine as his assistant. That 'signing' wouldn't cost anything either

Too much of a risk in my opinion. Atleast we know with Moyes we are generally going to finish mid table. With a new manager we could see a resurgence to the top 6 or 7 but I think its just as likely we could crash into the bottom 6. Either way I don't think we're going anywhere to becoming challengers for silverware unless whoever the manager is finally gets some money to play with. Thats the nature of the beast these days.

Aside from that a manager that sees just how bad Everton is going off the field and still wants to come here worries me slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.