EVERTON U18'S VS WOLVES U18'S MATCH REPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
HUNGRY WOLVES SNATCH THE POINTS

MATCH REPORT

EVERTON U18’S VS WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS U18’S

A Late goal from captain Liam McAlinden sealed the 3 points for the visitors on a day when Everton’s defence were not at their best making costly errors as Everton lead twice until the death only to throw it away.

Wolves and Everton were back after a two week absence, a Chris Long equaliser salvaged a point for Everton while Wolves thumped leaders Manchester City 3-0 on their last outings.

On a cold morning at Finch Farm Everton played a 4-4-2 system giving newcomer George Green a midfield role.

The first ten minutes were even stevens but Everton were the first to show with an attack created on the left hand side by Thomas who ran 40-50 yards into the middle and rode a Wolves tackle then found the eagerly awaiting Forrester whose shot was parried by Jonathan Flatt in the visitors goal but the ball fell into the path of Higgins to put the home side one up.

Everton were playing well but a defensive error proved to be costly when Wolves pushed Everton as Touray failed to deal with a ball who was then aided by team mate and captain Dier but second year scholar Whittall took advantage of the defensive mix up to smash home an equaliser that was always threatening.

Everton brushed themselves down and went about their duties attacking Wolves and hoping to get the lead back once more and their patience paid off with yet another goal from Long making that his 7th this season.

Again creator of the first goal Thomas linked well with full back Touray the ball was sent across shoulder height for Long to put Everton back in front.

Wolves pressed as the first half was drawing near as Everton sat back only for a shot from forward Jake Kempton to hit a post and leave Fitzgibbon relieved.

George Green was running tirelessly in midfield but never really carve out any chances for his forwards but unfortunately took a knock. Jordan Barrow was also working hard too.

Wolves believed they could get on level terms before the break as a series of threats including a header again from Kempton to be charged down by Everton’s defence.

Half Time

EVERTON U18’S 2 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS U18’S 1

Everton replaced the injured Green with Tom Molyneux at the beginning of the second 45 minutes. But disaster struck early in the second half for Everton’s defence as they were caught cold when from the Wolves right the Northern Ireland youth international McAlinden proved a handful for Everton’s back line to punish the host’s leaving Fitzgibbon helpless and put the Midlanders on level terms.

Everton made a change after conceding the goal replacing Pennington who had a hard morning finding McAlinden a handful replacing him with Higgins at right back and slotting Hallam Hope into the right hand side of midfield.

Forwards Long and hard working Forrester were getting very little change from the Wolves defence and Everton’s wide men were trying all they could to create but were getting no joy.

Barrow was replaced by Welsman Jones to see if he could conjour up some magic with a draw looking favourable at this stage.

In the latter stages of the game Thomas surged forward and from the right sent a ball across aiming for his team mate Hope who then tried his luck from the edge of the box only to see it go agonisingly wide of the post.

Flatt in the Wolves goal launched a high ball into Everton’s half and again Everton’s defence were struggling to deal with it with McAlinden again prowling in the box as Dier managed to only half clear, Higgins managed to get a foot on the ball but McAlinden sealed the points for the visitors drilling home the winner.

It was a day to forget for Everton’s defence with a tough game at Stoke next Saturday.

Man of the match contenders were Barrow, Thomas and Forrester, but Thomas maybe just shaves it from Barrow

FULL TIME

EVERTON U18’S 2 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS U18’S 3

Teams Everton:

Fitzgibbon, Pennington, (Hope 55) Touray, Henneghan, Dier ( C), Barrow, (Jones 65) Higgins, Green, (Molyneux 46) Long, Forrester, Thomas. Unused Subs: Taudul(GK) Grant

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Flatt, Kostrna Cranston, Whittall, Bashford, Iorfa, Kellerman, Ifil, Kempton, McAlinden ( C), Ismail.
Subs: Shepherd, Dell, O’Neill, Gibson, Cotman

Ref Mr. J Brooks

Everton Coach Kevin Sheedy
Wolves Coach Kevin Thelwell

Cheers for the report ab , disappointing result , although Wolves must have a decent side having beaten the leaders so comfortably .

Good to see Long among the goals .

What about Green mate , have you seen enough to make judgement on him or is it too early to tell ?

Disappointing result but as Tipp said, great to see that Long lad consistently finding the net. What do you reckon on him mate? He's a couple of years away from the first time at best? What's going on with Hallam Hope this year?

Talking to his family the other week you have to play George in his best position to get the best out of him. It's too early to make a comment but with a host of clubs after his signature they all can't be wrong
Cheers for the report ab , disappointing result , although Wolves must have a decent side having beaten the leaders so comfortably .

Good to see Long among the goals .

What about Green mate , have you seen enough to make judgement on him or is it too early to tell ?

Chris Long didn't do a lot today but i'm not being critical when i say that. Hallam Hope, that's a strange one because last year he was on fire
Disappointing result but as Tipp said, great to see that Long lad consistently finding the net. What do you reckon on him mate? He's a couple of years away from the first time at best? What's going on with Hallam Hope this year?

You have to take some credit for being such a good headline spotter Frank, it's a talent. That's Editor material that.

You're correct of course. Curse my need for modesty, I need to realise I have a gift. Why everyday I look in the paper and spot headlines, it just comes naturally to me.

Nice report "Mr Ball". Good to see that you've taken my advice with the reports, much better now than a few weeks ago. Lovin' the headlines withan extra dose of cheese. Speak to you soon, CDH

Status
Not open for further replies.