Everton FC Rumour Mill: Blues in for Jennings? Vaughan to Celtic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!

PLEASE let this be true! The most exciting young English player in the country along with that lad from Southampton.

Would be over the moon if this happened!

Knew you would be on to this one =)

He's apparently MEGA J Dawg

I wouldn't mind Jennings from what I've seen of him. I'd be a bit disappointed if Vaughan goes though, as I reckon he could be one of those player who blooms late a la Carlton Cole, but if a decent bid came in for him then I'd sell him, say £3-4m. £1m is nowhere near enough for me though.

I wouldn't mind Jennings from what I've seen of him. I'd be a bit disappointed if Vaughan goes though, as I reckon he could be one of those player who blooms late a la Carlton Cole, but if a decent bid came in for him then I'd sell him, say £3-4m. £1m is nowhere near enough for me though.

Vaughans fee will be heavy on appearance related bonuses understandably but half that 3 to 4 figure and we're doing well. Any team is taking a gamble he'll show the 16-18yr old form again consistently. The lads got pace for sure and scored a few in the champ but he needs to show more. A sell on clause might be good just in case he hits peak form.

I agree with you on Vaughn. I don't think he's played enough to make a final judgement on his abilities. And as an Academy player, we have no sunk cost into him.

Vaughans fee will be heavy on appearance related bonuses understandably but half that 3 to 4 figure and we're doing well. Any team is taking a gamble he'll show the 16-18yr old form again consistently. The lads got pace for sure and scored a few in the champ but he needs to show more. A sell on clause might be good just in case he hits peak form.

Glad to see you posting again FFB. You were awol there for a while.

YES!

PLEASE let this be true! The most exciting young English player in the country along with that lad from Southampton.

Would be over the moon if this happened!

Can you imagine a midfield in a few years with Rodwell, Barkley, and Jennings?

Also what are your thoughts on James Wallace?

I know busy busy busy. Hope you're ok John. Vaughan will be away over the next 2 weeks which is a shame but we need to kick on in the league so hopefully something good comes out of our dealings

Yeah I'm good, D. Thanks.

I said in a different thread that selling some players at the height of their earning power and with a limited time in their "peak" footballing years, and bringing in our best homegrown players and doing deals like this for Jennings or younger players isn't bad business at all. It's not IDEAL, but we can stay competitive.

I said in a different thread that selling some players at the height of their earning power and with a limited time in their "peak" footballing years, and bringing in our best homegrown players and doing deals like this for Jennings or younger players isn't bad business at all. It's not IDEAL, but we can stay competitive.

Agree totally there. I think we underestimate the changes David Moyes has made at the academy. It may very well take 2 to 3 more years to see the fruits of Moyes hard work. This is why I reckon he will see his contract out at least to see whether he can get enough of his boys through into the 1st team frame. Sure the lack of funds is proper frustrating for him but I reckon he's got a real passion for youth development.

Status
Not open for further replies.