Rapid-Transit Rail Guarantees Success for EFC, LFC and Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go on the KEIOC forums or go on the skyscrapercity liverpool forum threads relating to Goodison Park, Kirkby, or rail.

He's a known crank on multiple sites.

He shoehorns trains into any debate. The sole reason Liverpool Waters and Wirral Waters will fail apparently because Peel aren't spending hundreds of millions on underground metros and bringing the tunnels and outer loop back into service.

ARF!

Have a google search for his own personal website "Save our Docks" and read the rants against the "IKEA shed like" Echo Arena that never should have been built by the "philistines" in this city. Have a look at what he says about the prospect of Everton being allowed to build on Clarence Dock.

Right there you showed your true colors, not havin you son......

Do you mean Rotterdam does not have great rapid-transit system at the stadium? You obviously were not there that night! What a night!

EFC need he same to be a success. You may want EFC to fail, well that is you of course. You may be a Kopite underneath, I don't know.

Links....

I cannot post links because I am a new user and you have to have posted 20 times.

HOWEVER How about we start with his most recent mate?

Theres a rather familier sounding thread on skyscrapercity forums 'Uk Arcitecture Forums' - subheading 'Transport and Urban Planning'

The thread is entitled: Rapid trasnit rail essential for stadium success.

Interesting username John! aka TrueKopite.

Get onto the responses from the forum, all of whom know this crank very well!

I cannot post links because I am a new user and you have to have posted 20 times.

Theres a rather familier sounding thread on skyscrapercity forums 'Uk Arcitecture Forums' - subheading 'Transport and Urban Planning'

Give us the link to this skyscraper forum. Me a Kopite? The Kop? A dump! This is fun. :) Or does it only exist in the fantasy minds of the KEIOC in an attempt to discredit, ruin a thread and bring it to its knees? The KEIOC have been banned from a number of Everton forums, exactly for this sort of approach.

Last edited:
Billy Liddle? How weird! He never played for Everton Billy K knows that as well. Pensioner? Mmmmmm How odd.

Yet you claimed he was your favourite Everton player on SSC. How odd!

"hatred of the working class and football in general"? How odd.
I am an Evertonian and have been to all cup finals since the 80s. I was in Rotterdam. Right opposite the players entrance. They have a great rapid-transit rail system there at the stadium.I used it to speed to Amsterdam direct from the stadium and had a great time there after the game.

You're a kopite.

Merseytram? You are deluded. It cannot shift 40,000 per hour from a stadium - they are electric buses. Arsenal shift all the stadium in less than an hour.

I am not an advocate of Merseytram. I used it as a comparrison. Merseytram is a street car level system that is costed at 400 million. A system that does not require stations or staff, other than the driver. You want to see a major underground metro extension and a dozen new stations. You have been told by transport experts and people with a deep knowledge of the field that this just isn't EVER going to happen and it would cost over a billion.

Prof Proudlove, professor of transport studies at Liverpool uni, stated to me, "My interest has been more in terms of strengthening the accessibility of the city-centre and the prospective Liverpool Waters, and pointing out the folly of the Tramway that would be a waste of money and deflect from the improvement of the present rail network." he went on "there appear to be only yourself and Peel doing anything constructive". He is very bright man. He processes using both long tunnels under the city.

Do you have any other high profile backers apart from this ONE university proffessor? Professors can be cranks too you know.

Conway Park was dug into a tunnel, so would be more expensive

Right....so you now accept that cutting escalators, lifts, escape hatches and boreing platforms into Waterloo/Victoria/Wapping tunnels will cost hundreds of millions of pounds then or not? Again....you have been told that it would be a major construction task to bring the tunnels into use and cut new stations in by transport experts and people with knowledge on these matters. Construction experts and arcitects have told you your scheme is hare-brained to say the least.

That is total nonsense. Liverpool's tunnels and tracks are mass rapid-transit.

Liverpool Central has been described as an over capacity station at peak times and Merseytravel have gone on the record as saying the platforms need modification in the future if the projected increase in passenger numbers continues, else it will become dangerous. Particularly at peak times when trains are cancelled and double the amount of people are trapped on the platforms.

You want 55,000 and 60,000-75,000 people to use tunnels designed for freight and never intended for passenger use.

THE BIG PROBLEM WITH THAT IS THAT THEY HAVE NO ******* PLATFORMS NUMBNUTS!

You've also been told multiple times by experts that the tunnels are not wide enough for two Merseyrail trains NEVERMIND the new platforms that would need cutting in.

Opening up the Outer Loop Line would also balance it up and serve football stadia.

The most you are going to get is a station on the Canada Branch for the [Poor language removed]'s stadium (if that ever gets built).

John you really must get the concept of 'business case' into your thick skull. Nothing will happen until Stanley Park is built. The 60k fans filling Anfield will then neccesitate the new Canada Bracnh station (which will cost between 40 and 50 million if not more for ONE station).

The Outer Loop and the Canada Dock Branch is not tunnels. Liverpool's tunnels are not narrow, they were built for heavy and big freight trains, that are excellent for fast passenger trains.

You been told John. The tunnels are freight tunnels meaning no platforms and no stations which would need to be cut in. To satisfy H&SE these would need to be very wide, much wider than Central's platforms, to deal with 50-60,000 fans. This is before escalators, escape tunnels/hatches, booking halls, lifts, disabled lifts, fire escapes, etc.

You have been told by rail experts that the Merseyrail stock is to wide to fit two trains in side by side.

He clearly has no idea how these projects are funded. Arsenal borrowed, without a partner, and will repay the whole loan in December, 4.5 years after taking it out.

When Arsenal concieved of Ashburton Grove they were double winners and they haven't been outside of the Champions League since. You are making a holy show of yourself trying to compare Everton and Arsenal like-for-like and your footballing knowledge is looking suspect on this forum.

Thank you MR KEIOC on your first post and as expected insults all over it. Your first post was a disaster. Evertonians are really not so thick as to be taken in. I see the KEIOC/GFE people came in to applaud you.

You don't like the idea of Everton staying at Goodison then? You'd prefer we leave the city to a town with a one track rail station?

Whats "rapid" about that???

What have you got against Everton being in Walton John? Please elaborate?

(as it happens I have no connection to KEIOC whatsoever and am quite happy to move to a modern new build stadium)

BTW, I am no train enthusiast. I got know about them while researching rapid-transit for EFC. I know what they do for a football club though - look at Arsenal.

A very poor example. Almost laughable.

Arsenal have had well publicised issues with transport and getting people in and out of the ground. You've clearly never been to a game there.

As I said above....

Anyone wanting to know how much of a crank you are can do the following....

Type in 'skyscrapercity' into google and click on the site.
In the UK forums click on 'Transport and urban planning'
Then the thread shows: 'Rapid transit rail essential for stadium success' (ooo where have we heard that before!?)

....thread started by TrueKopite

Same diagrams, same pics, same text and rant.

Be happy to post links: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1190555

As I said above....

Anyone wanting to know how much of a crank you are can do the following....

Type in 'skyscrapercity' into google and click on the site.
In the UK forums click on 'Transport and urban planning'
Then the thread shows: 'Rapid transit rail essential for stadium success' (ooo where have we heard that before!?)

....thread started by TrueKopite

Same diagrams, same pics, same text and rant.

VERY strange coincidence isn't it? This guy is a joker. [Poor language removed] please IC, so we can get back to begging for Coleman to play, debating the integrity of Bill Kenwright, and making fun of LFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.