2014 Everton Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.I made up an awful parody chant to the 'Sloop John B' tune when we signed John Stones.It was something along the lines of

'eff off John Stones,why don't you leave us alone, this is the worst window,I've ever known...'

I thought it was big and really clever..

2.I bet against us on Sunday, as I had this awful image
of Moyes giving the Utd supporters a clenched fist
salute after beating us...

3.I was pretty broken when Felliani left us, and it was made worse when we replace him with a bargain basement Wigan reject....

4.I clearly know nothing about football

Lord, hear my confession, and please grant me the forgiveness I do not deserve......!

Didn't want bobby.... Thought we overpaid for McCarthy and thought he was pooh.... Thought kone was class ( last one is bollocks)

I thought Tim Howard would be gradually phased out for Joel, how wrong was I?

Thought our usual 7th place finish would be a good start for Roberto, he had other ideas

I slated the brown shoes, now I own two pairs.
I slated John Stones, he gets better every game.
When Seamus goes on one of his runs I wee a little bit.

Thought we are going to get 11th/12th last summer. How wrong I was but also glad things turn out great for Everton in 2014.

I thought that after drawing our first three games of the season, that a loss against Chelsea at home and we are in for a long hard relegation battle with a new manager starting to look out of his depth. Then we signed Barry, Gerard and Lukaku and I knew we would be grand.

Did not count on the Scottish Stracqualursi sorting that out!!!

BTW - Though Naismith was a joke. Can I vault myself for that?

1.I made up an awful parody chant to the 'Sloop John B' tune when we signed John Stones.It was something along the lines of

'eff off John Stones,why don't you leave us alone, this is the worst window,I've ever known...'

I thought it was big and really clever..

2.I bet against us on Sunday, as I had this awful image
of Moyes giving the Utd supporters a clenched fist
salute after beating us...

3.I was pretty broken when Felliani left us, and it was made worse when we replace him with a bargain basement Wigan reject....

4.I clearly know nothing about football

Lord, hear my confession, and please grant me the forgiveness I do not deserve......!
I'm not often right about these things, but I'm pretty happy I bet on us to win by 2 :) It covered my losses for betting on Norwich and Hull to win/draw

I thought Barry was going to be a very meh, fringe player, much like Gibson when we got him.
I also thought we'd likely only ever see Stones a couple of times in an Everton shirt, before he faded away to obscurity, loans and a championship club.
Thought Jelavic would come good, thought Kone would as well... there's still timefor Kone but I need something for this thread next year so i'll write him off now.

I thought McCarthy wouldn't be a very good passer, and that we'd lose Baines to United, crippling our offense and leading us down to 13th.

I also thought letting Anichebe go was a bad idea. (still on the fence about that one, only because Traore's been so useless)

Status
Not open for further replies.