Gosling signs for Everton for £1.2m

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he wont be to far away from the first team you know, heard a few championship fans who are impressed.

I think he'll spend until the end of the season in the reserves, maybe appearing for the odd cup game.

Then next pre-season he will be used abit and rotated around.

Moyes is on the move again, the master of finding top class player from lower division, I have high expectation on this one certainly don't mind another Cahill or Arteta type midfield and by the looks of it he could score some goals as well, hope he will get to feature in the oldham match!

http://www.plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=94742

Plymouth Argyle midfielder Dan Gosling is set for a move to Premier League club Everton within the next 24 hours.

Everton manager David Moyes has beaten off interest from West Ham United to sign Gosling in a £1.5 million transfer and is prepared to plunge the 17-year old straight into the first-team.

The highly-rated England youth player only signed his first professional contract in February 2007 after reaching his 17th birthday and has made a total of 24 appearances for the Pilgrims.

The transfer of Gosling, who can also play at right-back, represents good business for Argyle with the teenage prodigy not a first-team regular at Home Park.
The deal will become Argyle's highest transfer beating the £750,000 that Southampton paid for striker Mickey Evans 10 years ago.

West Ham were not prepared to meet the demands of Argyle and dropped out of the race for Gosling, who could make his debut for Everton in Saturday's FA Cup game against Oldham.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/01/01/everton-eye-england-rookie-89520-20271483/

Everton are ready to gamble £1.5million on Plymouth's England youth star Dan Gosling in their first transfer window swoop in the next 24 hours.
Boss David Moyes has beaten off West Ham in the chase for the talented teenager who played for his country in this season's FIFA World Youth Cup in South Korea.
Versatile Gosling, 17, can play midfield or full-back and Moyes is keen to wrap up the deal with Plymouth after losing out to Tottenham in the race for Cardiff City kid Chris Gunter.
Moyes sees Gosling as first - team material immediately.​

Status
Not open for further replies.