Everton 1-4 Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
Saturday 29th December:

So we face another tricky match over the festive period but in front of a packed Goodison you are confident if our key players perform then we can get something out of it, if.

Confidence will be high after brushing Bolton aside on Boxing Day and returning to winning ways after the blip at Old Trafford. We're nestled nicely in the chasing pack now and need to keep up our momumential momentum (sounds like a latin motto on a second division side that) up into the New Year.

Arsenal played out a disappointing draw from them at Portsmouth and surrendered the lead at the top of the Premiership to Man Utd, they will be in desperate need to get some sort of result at Goodison Park.

I see this as a good barrometer of our progress and you cannot be in doubt of Arsenal's ability but then we are playing some boss togger at the moment and with a defence thats looking mean and the midfield five dictating games, the blues are right up for it.

A repeat of last years win through Johnsons dramatic late winner would end what has been a good year for the club.

cant see us conceding really with our defence as of late, but scoring will be tough, the only scorers against arsenal will be defenders or cahill, cos the only way imo we will score will be from corners and set pieces...

Bit of a bad run for Arsenal and I can really see us winning this one. Confidence is high, everyone is playing well and Johnson to snatch it again.

Hi all, this is my first post here.

Arsenal will be very tough as always, but I think this is a good a time to play them as any. They have drawn 2 and lost 1 in their last 3 aways games, and I don't think anyone fancies a trip to Goodison right now.

I will go for a 1-1 draw, which I think both sides would probably settle for.

If Portsmouth can do it, we could do it better than them, we are better at defending then them, Arsenal hate playing us these day and we could build up something here!

With the way things are I could see us beating Arsenal once more, let's do it boys it's time we get ourselve into top 4, it is not hard we got Man U out of the way now and they still have to play each other, and if we get result against Arsenal 2 games, Chelsea, Man City and RS as well, we could really over take RS and Chelsea at the end of the season!

this is winnable. we have one of the toughest defences in the league and goodison is looking for 7 wins on the trot! feed the yak!

this is winnable. we have one of the toughest defences in the league and goodison is looking for 7 wins on the trot! feed the yak!

It was close today Pienaar almost feed our yak, if his cross was slightly lower!

Arsenal has been below the par recently and they won't like playing us at our home!

What I am about to say is highly unlikely it would happen, but if we beat Arsenal 3-0 we would score a goal more than them and conceded same amount of goals in 20 games, it would be pretty good wouldn't it?

Well, back to reality beating Arsenal is possible but 3-0 is probably a bit unrealistic but wouldn't hurt to just have a though on it!

Last edited:
I watched Arsenal tonight and to be honest saw nothing to suggest that we should be in awe of them,we will get a point at least they will be more worried about us;)

they arent the greatest travelers, we have only had man ure 30 minutes away recently whereas they had a tough game with spurs, then away to pompey now all the way up to merseyside.

we have three behemoths in jags, yobs, and lescott, at the back, which is plenty to keep adebayor quiet.

as usual the midfield will be where the game is won and lost, shackling fabregas is key, is it just me or does eboue seem like a loose cannon? (fitting really...)

almunia is no world class keeper, and their back four of..

sagna toure eboue gallas

isnt the strongest four in the league by any stretch, hopefully we go 4-5-1

howard
neville yobo jagielka lescott
carsley
arteta gravesen cahill pienaar
yakubu

make them suffer in midfield, its long been known they dont like a fight (wenger crying about blackburn) and with the diamond of cars, tim, tommy, and yak there is plenty of punch.

im not sure how goodison measures up to the emirates in terms of pitch width, but then im not overly concerned about crosses because they have a challenge up against 3 players over 6ft in our defence.

key man for me - pienaar, has to get at sagna - a player that is more miss than hit, expose him and get some decent service into tim and yak and we'll be in business.

they arent the greatest travelers, we have only had man ure 30 minutes away recently whereas they had a tough game with spurs, then away to pompey now all the way up to merseyside.

we have three behemoths in jags, yobs, and lescott, at the back, which is plenty to keep adebayor quiet.

as usual the midfield will be where the game is won and lost, shackling fabregas is key, is it just me or does eboue seem like a loose cannon? (fitting really...)

almunia is no world class keeper, and their back four of..

sagna toure eboue gallas

isnt the strongest four in the league by any stretch, hopefully we go 4-5-1

howard
neville yobo jagielka lescott
carsley
arteta gravesen cahill pienaar
yakubu​

make them suffer in midfield, its long been known they dont like a fight (wenger crying about blackburn) and with the diamond of cars, tim, tommy, and yak there is plenty of punch.

im not sure how goodison measures up to the emirates in terms of pitch width, but then im not overly concerned about crosses because they have a challenge up against 3 players over 6ft in our defence.

key man for me - pienaar, has to get at sagna - a player that is more miss than hit, expose him and get some decent service into tim and yak and we'll be in business.

Tbh, id expect johnson to start instead of Yakubu, i think we need pace more than skill against hte likes of gallas and toure...

Tbh, id expect johnson to start instead of Yakubu, i think we need pace more than skill against hte likes of gallas and toure...

Gallas is probably out after injure from Portsmouth game and toure is crap any way, Yaks could play again!

We could try a 4-4-2 against Middlesbrough and AJ could play then!

Status
Not open for further replies.